Changing stakes

I've been floating around between 25nl and 100nl. I should probably be staying in 25nl for longer than I am, but my questions relates to the difference in play between them.

I play full table 25nl on stars and am a winning player. I get my BR up to the point where I move onto 50nl where I mostly break even, but eventually I gradually lose. Whenever I take a stab at 100nl, I get crushed. I try to keep my play nearly the same which is why I'm confused as to why it seems to be harder to play the higher stakes.

One of my theories is that once I get into 50nl and 100nl, there may be more players using HUD software.

Should I be playing differently at the higher stakes?

I have some OK success playing SNG & tourney, but rarely have enough time to sit down and play a tourney with 45+ players.

Comments

• The higher the stakes, the better the players are generally. Plays that win at 25NL may lose at 100NL. While I try to make maximally exploitative plays against :fish:, those same plays are very exploitable by good players, so I play very differently against the top sharks and try to make decisions closer to Nash Equilibrium.

The choice basically comes down to whether you have the time and desire to put in the big effort to win at higher levels. Otherwise, just maximize your fun and you don't have to worry much about things like HUDs; minimizing rake, expenses & witholding taxes; and maximizing rakeback, ROI, EV, etc. You will find that starting up a full-time business will be challenging enough that winning at 50NL may not be as important.
    Whenever I take a stab at 100nl, I get crushed. I try to keep my play nearly the same which is why I'm confused as to why it seems to be harder to play the higher stakes.

One of my theories is that once I get into 50nl and 100nl, there may be more players using HUD software.

Should I be playing differently at the higher stakes?