EPT commentator?

Who is that jackass that does the colour commentating on the EPT broadcasts? I can't fathom how this idiot landed and more importantly, keeps his job. The mind boggles at the spew that comes out of his hole

Comments

• Buck Martinez does poker too?
  • Video link?
    Are you referring to Joe ‘Stapes’ Stapleton? I liked him in the old Poker Road podcasts, but I rarely watch poker broadcasts any more.
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    Are you referring to Joe ‘Stapes’ Stapleton?

Just youtubed the name and ya, that's him. Almost every comment is "witty"
    but terribly unfunny.
  • I kind of like it! some of it is so bad its funny.
  • I remember watching him when he was on the P* big game. I kind of got a kick out of him, in the sense that some of the commentary was so bad it was funny like Ram said.
  • I like Stapes! I think he's gotten really good and now he's among my favourite commentators.
  • In my opinion he tries way to hard, and it comes off as such. Rarely gives me a chuckle but most of the time just annoyingly trying too hard to be funny.
  • That's exactly how it sounds to me Ned. I get the impression that he spends a lot of time scripting his material because his banter comes off as highly polished and rehearsed
    FWIW, I was a huge detractor of Norman Chad years ago and now I love the guy. Maybe I'll warm up to this guy too
  • I agree with Barry Greenstein's preference of having poker pros do in-depth analysis, but I realize that this may lose half the audience so I'm OK with being ENTERTAINED by the jokes of Stapleton, Chad or Gabe Kaplan without in-depth analysis. If I had to pick a commentator I least like, it would be Jesse May; the Party-sponsored broadcasts could have used better announcers to go along with Kara Scott or Tatjana Pasalic. >:D
    tatjana%20pasalic%203%20030310.jpg
    Muddguts wrote: »
    FWIW, I was a huge detractor of Norman Chad years ago and now I love the guy.
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    If I had to pick a commentator I least like, it would be Jesse May

is that the guy that giggles like a little girl all hour long?
  • I always found Gabe very amusing and enjoyed when he did High Stakes. Norm McDonald not so much as he just wasn't funny. With Stapleton, as Mudd says it just seems very rehearsed and he NEVER let's up. When I first saw him completely hated him, now I just mildly dislike him.
    As for Tatjana Pasalicshe, I haven't heard her but I'm guessing I'd give her 'two things up' as Al Bundy once said.
  • Yes, I don't mind watching Tatjana and Kara giggle - and jiggle >:D - but Jesse giggles more than all the Party girls combined!
    Muddguts wrote: »
    is that the guy that giggles like a little girl all hour long?