Non-poker $ Transfer

Hey all

Okay, so my nephew lives in New Zealand and my mamma wants to send him some money from Ontario.... What's the best way to do this with a combination of ease and minimal fees? Paypal? Pokerstars money transfer? Carrier pigeons?

Mark

Comments

• paypal would be easiest if they both have accounts.
  • If your nephew is part of the Internet generation, email him if he has Paypal, Skrill, poker account, bitcoin or other ewallets. If he is like my relatives overseas, then Western Union seems to be convenient but not the lowest fee.
    DrTyore wrote: »
    Okay, so my nephew lives in New Zealand and my mamma wants to send him some money from Ontario.... What's the best way to do this with a combination of ease and minimal fees?
  • You can send PayPal as a gift - there is fees to receive but it's relatively minimal IIRC.
  • I thought it was the other way around. You have to pay something like $1.75 to send but the receiver gets all of it when you send it as "Family or friend". So if you want to send $50, you have to send $51.75 or something like that. I did it once about 4-5 months ago.

Just checked paypal just now and it says sending & receiving is free, paying by CC is subject to the fee.
  • Just checked again cause I forgot she wants to send it to someone in Australia, for that it's:

Friends and Family
    Fee if you pay with:
    PayPal Balance: 0.49 CAD
    Bank Account: 0.49 CAD
    Credit Card: 1.96 CAD
  • Nephew is a Hobbits? sweet . . .
  • Is this gift transfer a one time thing?

Mark
  • I thought it was the other way around. You have to pay something like $1.75 to send but the receiver gets all of it when you send it as "Family or friend". So if you want to send $50, you have to send $51.75 or something like that. I did it once about 4-5 months ago.

Just checked paypal just now and it says sending & receiving is free, paying by CC is subject to the fee.

Thanks for specifics - been awhile since I've used it
    DrTyore wrote: »
    Is this gift transfer a one time thing?

Mark

No