Milton 4th annual Ribfest Aug 15-18th

For anyone interested in some great Ribs, craft beer festival and entertainment the 4th annual Ribfest is next weekend, Aug 15-18th at the Milton Fairgrounds.
Starts at 4 on Thursday and runs through to Sunday evening...

Entertainment schedule.
Live Music | Milton Annual Ribfest

As in past years I will be working most of the weekend as the volunteer co-ordinator so if you make it out be sure to drop by and say hi.. I will be in the volunteer trailer, ask where it is..

Last years facts.
43,000 Attendance
125 Volunteers
100+ Vendors
35 Bands
Milton Ribfest has raised over $40,000 to date for the community.

Each year we have gotten bigger and better. This event has been a resounding success and a real blast. Entrance is free.

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/MiltonRibfest

Comments

• Sounds great...ship me some in the mail
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    Sounds great...ship me some in the mail

oh come on, can't you drop by on your way back to Calgary? We're just a small country, can't be that far out of your way.
  • Free breakfast as well....

Next Friday Aug 16th Breakfast Television will be joining us with their Live Eye! So come on down have a free breakfast on Milton Ribfest donated by Scooters Catering, free rides for the kids all morning, the Retrievers playing on stage, a chance to win some great prizes like a back yard bbq for 50 and a 300 gift card for Ontario Inflatables! So come on down Friday Aug 16th from
    6:30 am to 9:00 am

The Retrievers. (And they're from Guelph too!)

The Golden Retrievers - Music Lives

The Retrievers Reach Another Milestone
  • Poker players don't do mornings.
  • moose wrote: »
    Poker players don't do mornings.

That's why they can do it in Milton!!!
  • moose wrote: »
    Poker players don't do mornings.
    Buzzzardd wrote: »
    That's why they can do it in Milton!!!

You mean there are poker players here? I thought it was a religious/abortion/death penalty discussion forum. ???
  • Since a roll call to go out and play poker usually results in "Bueller?", what about to an Off Topic event?

Roll call: anybody else going to the Milton Ribfest to pay homage to The King In The Ribfest? My GPS :fish: Finder is directing me to head straight to the volunteer trailer!
    Bueller Bueller Bueller - YouTube
    compuease wrote: »
    You mean there are poker players here? I thought it was a religious/abortion/death penalty discussion forum. ???
  • LOL, AND WE'RE UNDERWAY! Grounds open in 45 min..
  • So is the best way from Oakville via Highway 25, then left onto Main St E, left onto Bell St, take the 3rd left onto Robert St, then look for the parking signs for $5? If family wakes up early enough, we'll go tomorrow morning with a p..
    compuease wrote: »
    LOL, AND WE'RE UNDERWAY! Grounds open in 45 min..
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    So is the best way from Oakville via Highway 25, then left onto Main St E, left onto Bell St, take the 3rd left onto Robert St, then look for the parking signs for $5? If family wakes up early enough, we'll go tomorrow morning with a p..

Yep, or you can park on many of the streets around and walk in for free... +ev...:) Don't come before 11, check out the website for the bands you may like...
  • Blondefish just showed up with his family as well... They are heading towards the ribbers as I type this...
  • Is this free entry? Sunday hours?
  • Yes. Sunday is from 11-8. I took a photo of compuease's Castle from my iPod, so I'll see if I can figure out how to post it. If I have time before I head out to Fallsview, I may even try to post a NON-poker trip report! :o
    moose wrote: »
    Is this free entry? Sunday hours?
  • Nice seeing you here Blondefish... Appreciate you dropping in as well and real nice family...

On other notes we are going to be winding down for tonight shortly but back at it tomorrow with a lighter schedule... open 11am to 8pm..

Will be glad to wrap this up as I get real tired by the end and even more so as I get older.....

Will be back at it again though..
  • compuease wrote: »
    oh come on, can't you drop by on your way back to Calgary? We're just a small country, can't be that far out of your way.

is he calculating the meat:bone:fat EV for each competitor's ribs?
  • compuease wrote: »
    more so as I get older.....

#carbondating