Poker Tables

does anyone know anyone who makes poker tables in South ontario region, I live in niagara falls and guelph and willing to drive to Toronto, im not lookin for a real fancy one, maybe ones with banquet legs and easy to transport....... if anyone builds them could they email me echan01@gmail.com

Comments

• Check out www.theplayasclub.com. I'm based in London & can offer local shipping or "pick-up".
  • www.mytables.com

I have no affiliation with them, they make good tables
  • mudbuddha wrote:
    does anyone know anyone who makes poker tables in South ontario region, I live in niagara falls and guelph and willing to drive to Toronto, im not lookin for a real fancy one, maybe ones with banquet legs and easy to transport....... if anyone builds them could they email me echan01@gmail.com

Don't go cheap. A friend of mine bought a cheapy ($200 or so) with folding bridge type legs and the table broke when a particularily disastrous hand caused a bigger guy to slam his arm on the table. Chips went flying and the screw holding the leg on stripped. It was a pain in the tush.

Spend the $$$ on something STURDY!
  • I have a good friend who's built a few and thery are complete beauties and well built , he sells them in the $700 dollar range but worth every penny, im gonna try and post some of his pics up here when i get the chance if anyone is interested that is .

he is based out of Brampton, On. but shipping can be negotiated.
  • GTA Poker wrote:
    www.mytables.com

I have no affiliation with them, they make good tables

I like the Scientific approach of the octagonal table.

I had to set up a regular long table once and it was heavy as holy hell and simply hard to see the flop.
  • well, if you're willing to drive to toronto, you may consider a day trip to windsor. blig slick suited poker tables makes a great racetrack style table in a few different sizes. you can check out a few picks at www.geocities.com/ryantrevertonca
  • i actually build custom tables, if you pm me telling me what you want, i can give you a quote

i live in cambridge

the tables are quality as i hand build them

also, i can post a picture of the table i built this weekend if you like, it's a 10 person, 4x8
  • also, i can post a picture of the table i built this weekend if you like, it's a 10 person,

Please post some pics!!!!

JohnnieH
  • weektable.jpg

the surface is a real nice velveteen, and the rail is in 2 inch padded foam covered in vynil

i also build ones with racetracks, cupholders, etc.

basically anything you want
  • would be a fairly large pot if that hand ever happened...
  • This is one of our many different types of table models that we offer. An 8 man racetrack table with cup holders ($375). You can't beat our tables based on quality and especially the price. Please feel free to visit our site at www.geocities.com/ryantrevertonca.
  • Nice table.
    Does it come with the legs, or just the top?
    Personally, I just want nice a nice top to put on my kitchen table.

How much for an 8 seat table with no racetrack?

JohnnieH
  • well, as they're custom built, they come with whatever you want

that one there didnt have any legs in that picture, it was put on a dining room table

i later put foldable legs on it

but if you want a table like that, no legs, $300

edit: that table pictured is for sale as well, i can just take the legs off
  • $300 sounds like a lot of money to be spending on an 8 man standard table without legs.
  • trevdog wrote:
    $300 sounds like a lot of money to be spending on an 8 man standard table without legs.

You're right, Trevdog, considering I can get a 10 person top from K-W Surplus for $100.
  • JohnnieH wrote:
    You're right, Trevdog, considering I can get a 10 person top from K-W Surplus for $100.

Same as the table in the pic? It will cost you around $200 to build what is pictured, and that is providing you do not make any mistakes.
    It really isn't going to make much difference in material costs to build a 10 or 8 player table. May as well get a 10 seater if you have the room.

I do not know the person advertising the table for sale I just know what it cost me to build mine. I still haven't taken on the task of building the rail. I wish someone was selling these things a year ago for $300 -$400 range I would have spent the extra dough and saved my time. :smile:

I will gladly let someone make $100 profit off me for building a solid table.
  • u have a pic of the tables at k-w surplus?...$100...i'm sure the quality doesn't compare, but i'm still interested in what they have...thanks

and i agree, u need to consider building time and the fact that everyone should be allowed a certain amount of profit (which i don't think is an unreasonable amount in this case).
  • There is reason that an 8 man table should sell cheaply if you build tables on a regular basis. The reason being every time you build a 10 table you have an entire 4X8 sheet of wood and all you did with this piece is cut the rail out of it. Which means that the entire center of the piece is waste. So basically now you have a 4X8 sheet of wood minus 4" on each side (because the rail is 4" wide). The wasted piece is already in an oval shape ready to be used for your next 8 man table top.
    So my point is that every two 10 man tables you build, you get to use the two left over pieces of wood from the inside of the 10 man rail for your 8 man table. One for the table top and one for the rail.

The cost for wood is $0. Which is why I said $300 price range is too high!

I build them for just over $200.
  • Trevdog

You also use OSB wood, which, in my opinion isn't worth selling if you want to sell a quality table. If the other guy is actually using higher quality wood, then $300 is a good price.

The biggest difference in table sellers is materials used. Wood, vinyl, foam and cloth can make a substantial difference. You must decide the type of quality table you want, then, make a purchase accordingly.

For some, s $200 OSB is table is all they want. For others, veneer double finish plywood is much quality and durability are willing to buy for such.

To each their own...
  • trevdog wrote:
    There is reason that an 8 man table should sell cheaply if you build tables on a regular basis. The reason being every time you build a 10 table you have an entire 4X8 sheet of wood and all you did with this piece is cut the rail out of it. Which means that the entire center of the piece is waste. So basically now you have a 4X8 sheet of wood minus 4" on each side (because the rail is 4" wide). The wasted piece is already in an oval shape ready to be used for your next 8 man table top.
    So my point is that every two 10 man tables you build, you get to use the two left over pieces of wood from the inside of the 10 man rail for your 8 man table. One for the table top and one for the rail.

The cost for wood is $0. Which is why I said $300 price range is too high!

I build them for just over $200.

you're absolutely right...IF you want a one layered table. I use that cutout and fasten it to the bottom of the table to make it sturdy

this way, there are 2 layers of wood for the top and 3 layers for the rail

if you don't like my price, you don't have to buy it, let alone comment about how much i'm 'ripping people off'
  • esool wrote:
    Same as the table in the pic? It will cost you around $200 to build what is pictured, and that is providing you do not make any mistakes.
    It really isn't going to make much difference in material costs to build a 10 or 8 player table. May as well get a 10 seater if you have the room.

I do not know the person advertising the table for sale I just know what it cost me to build mine. I still haven't taken on the task of building the rail. I wish someone was selling these things a year ago for $300 -$400 range I would have spent the extra dough and saved my time. :smile:

I will gladly let someone make $100 profit off me for building a solid table.

that's exactly why I am selling this table for that price i listed

it is sturdy, durable and makes me about $100 profit

i think that amount is fair considering the time it takes to make the whole table, let alone the rail
  • Point well taken.
    The reason we use OSB is for that purpose. To keep the price down. Most people can't afford or don't want to pay an "arm and a leg" for a table.
    Don't forget you cant see the wood surface. It's still just as stable. You're not looking at the bottom of the table or playing on it. The playing surface is still padded and covered just like it would be with any other type of wood.
  • dunks wrote:
    this way, there are 2 layers of wood for the top and 3 layers for the rail

If you don't mind me asking, why/how do you use 3 layers for the rail? I understand 2 layers, the top and the side but where is the third?
    I also understand if you do not want to divulge a trade secret. :wink:
    I will have to finally attempt building the rail for my table sometime in the near future and I am not looking forward to it. :redface: The plywood and Vinyl are sitting in my garage waiting for me to overcome my fear..
  • esool wrote:
    If you don't mind me asking, why/how do you use 3 layers for the rail? I understand 2 layers, the top and the side but where is the third?
    I also understand if you do not want to divulge a trade secret. :wink:
    I will have to finally attempt building the rail for my table sometime in the near future and I am not looking forward to it. :redface: The plywood and Vinyl are sitting in my garage waiting for me to overcome my fear..

well, when i fasten the bottom part of the table on, it makes most of the rail 3 layers

you have the rail, the playing surface, and then the part underneath

and don't be afraid of that rail, it's much easier than you think

you just have to make sure it's tight
  • Dan808 wrote:
    would be a fairly large pot if that hand ever happened...

There's a burn card missing in the pic...