Wat Wat is with these movies?

Watched some movies the past 2 nights.

The Place Beyond the Pines -- 82% on Rotten Tomatoes.

5 turds over here. How about a story of interest or some decent characters instead of this disjointed fuckabout with a strictly linear plotline? And, could there have been a worse job done casting the role of the cop's son? Maybe Martha Stewart as the son would have increased the suspension of disbelief a bit more. What the fuck??? WAT??? WATTTT????????? Did I say WATTHE!#)@!(*#$)%$(#&KKKKK???

42 -- critically acclaimed.

5 more turds. What an overproduced stinking pile of Mexican food 12 hours later. Every scene is a cliche. Every character is a caricature. Harrison Ford is jaw droppingly terrible -- I think he, himself, actually left the last 2 turds on the pile. I just kept staring at the screen in disbelief of his character. The only thing that could have made it worse is if Eddie Murphy were cast as Robinson. This could have been a gritty and well-done movie but it's a Disney movie with the Nword sprinkled around on top of mounds of shit.

Have a nice day:)

Comments

• Great idea for a thread "Movies that are popular, but are shit".

For me? Pacific Rim.

I get it, it wasn't going to be art, it's a 5 year old's backyard playtime brought to life. But it was fucking terrible. I watched it and was just waiting for the volleyball scene, since it was essentially Top Gun.

- Young, skilled pilot loses his co-pilot
    - Skilled other pilot doesn't trust the main character, says he's too unreliable
    - Father figure commanding officer keeps faith with main character, sees his true potential
    - Stuff exlplodes

I get that it was supposed to be campy, but unlike simple jack, you have to go full camp. You need to own it with a wink of the eye to the audience. There HAD to be a scene where an asian dude looks up, screams and starts running away in a shot-for-shot rip off of Godzilla (FFS, the main battles take place in Hong Kong!!!). Painful, slow (literally, not enough fighting), incredibly dumb decisions / revelations. One fight, they have tussled with a beastie for a while and he says "We're out of ammo, and low on power, we have nothing left!!" and his co pilot "What about this button", big lit up button that says sword. They've been throwing haymakers for the first 90% of the fight, and now you find you have a sword?

Terrible movie.

Mark
  • Going to see the wolverine tonight with the family. Will report back on how they ruined my favourite Marvel mini-series.

I actually enjoyed the movie. Particularly enjoyed not having to wade through the whole credit list to get to the teaser.
  • It's all been done, and what hasn't been done can't be fit into a 2 hour time frame. For me it's been that way for a few years now. Movies generally bore the shit out of me as they are all just superficial rehashes of stories already told and I'm usually sitting there after about an hour just hoping they wrap it up soon. For me there are probably about 3 or 4 movies a year tops that I care to see, and I don't waste my time watching a movie just to watch a movie. There are too many good series on TV now...all downloadable so they can be watched whenever. Not to say I won't go to the movies as an outing if it's something that may be decent, but overall I've either outgrown the movie format or they've just run out of ideas...probably a little of both :-\