Here we go...don't hate Ont

Time to get this forum up to date for AB, Canada's poker capital

Untitled_zps37d64603.png

I'd love to be there for the 12th but I just don't see it happening

Comments

• Even the PokerNews editor doesn't seem to like this Series in Alberta.
    Sneaky Prize Pool Deductions in Alberta

With Alberta G&LC's 2.5% extra withholding on all buy-ins plus Deerfoot's 2.5% staff fee in fine print, these Alberta tournaments have high hard-to-beat rake compared to Ontario tournaments! Believe it or not, Deerfoot's $1,500 Main Event has a higher rake than its $330 events! :bs:

Even a :fish:can beat the low rake in all of the Ontario tourneys below. ;)

AB $220 event: $170.50 + 20 + 4.50 + 5, 15% rake.
    ON (OLG Slots): $220 + 10+0+0, 4% rake.

AB's 2 $330 events: $284.25 + 30 + 7.50 + 8.25, 14% rake.
    ON (Rama): $285 + 15, 5% rake.
    ON (Brantford): $300 + 30, 9% rake.
  • Good points. I've yet to play a tourney in Calgary but I will look closer before I play any.

BTW how large are the fields in Ontario; )
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    BTW how large are the fields in Ontario; )
    There were 582 players in Event 1 of the last FPC in Ontario. The rake for the $1K event was ~7%, less than half the rake of Deerfoot's $1,500 event!

Maybe you should fly to Ontario for the better tournaments, & join Wetts1012, pokerJAH & me!
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    There were 582 players in Event 1 of the last FPC in Ontario. The rake for the $1K event was ~7%, less than half the rake of Deerfoot's $1,500 event!

Maybe you should fly to Ontario for the better tournaments, & join Wetts1012, pokerJAH & me!

I'd rather play the cash games in AB. Plus, over the last year I have the amazing aging effect of my feet being swollen for 3 days after a flight. Doubt I'm going to risk a thromboembolism for a poker tournament in Canada;)

As far as tournaments go, I believe that AB (both Edmonton and Calgary) has a better tournament scene on a regular basis, but I could be wrong. Does Ontario have any decent monthly or weekly tournaments? I know that YHead gets a 2day $340 deepstack once a month with ~200 players.

It's also nice living 5-20 mins from 5-6 legal options, especially for cash games.

Being a cash game player I can say for certain that AB is a better place to play than ON. I'll post more info on tournaments in Calgary as they come up.

I couldn't bother to look, but how is the rake in the Edmonton tournies this and last month?