TT in late position

This is a small field Full Tilt tourney with very few players getting out of line with huge bluffs, and most players are loose / passive.

Just curious what line you guys take with this one :

Full Tilt Poker Game #33059145130: $4,000 Guarantee (257223035), Table 11 - NL Hold'em - 50/100 Ante 10 - 22:11:45 ET - 2013/08/01
Seat 1: frkid17 (6,457)
Seat 2: b1ademasterTT (4,658)
Seat 3: mathawker (2,932)
Seat 4: BeVeryCarefulOk (6,340), is sitting out
Seat 5: dufferdevon (8,955)
Seat 6: nicotto (9,732)
Seat 7: Fioba Maritan (5,922)
Seat 8: KUCONI (8,216)
Seat 9: germener (3,290)
frkid17 antes 10
b1ademasterTT antes 10
mathawker antes 10
BeVeryCarefulOk antes 10
dufferdevon antes 10
nicotto antes 10
Fioba Maritan antes 10
KUCONI antes 10
germener antes 10
Fioba Maritan posts the small blind of 50
KUCONI posts the big blind of 100
The button is in seat #6
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to dufferdevon [Ts Tc]
germener has 15 seconds left to act
germener folds
frkid17 raises to 200
b1ademasterTT calls 200
mathawker calls 200
BeVeryCarefulOk folds
dufferdevon has 15 seconds left to act
dufferdevon ??

Comments

• I think you got to reraise to hopefully see where your at and hopefully thin the field. Don't ask how much. You didn't provide enough info to say.
  • Jacen299 wrote: »
    I think you got to reraise to hopefully see where your at and hopefully thin the field. Don't ask how much. You didn't provide enough info to say.

What more info do you need to determine a 3bet size?
    I think you got to reraise to hopefully see where your at and hopefully thin the field. Don't ask how much. You didn't provide enough info to say.
    GTA Poker wrote: »
    What more info do you need to determine a 3bet size?

Stack sizes, blind levels and position are all listed. Not sure what else you need ?
  • I would 3bet due to the 2 callers between you and the opening raise
  • Theres probably not a bad way to go here, I wouldnt say I lean towards flat/3b in any significant way.

If we're 3b tho I think its a 3b/f spot, and that sucks.

Usually I'll treat it as a setmine.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Theres probably not a bad way to go here, I wouldnt say I lean towards flat/3b in any significant way.

If we're 3b tho I think its a 3b/f spot, and that sucks.

Usually I'll treat it as a setmine.

I was going to say that with stacks you could also setmine, but I thought being wishywashy would make me look like a pussy.

Thanks for the confirmation;)
  • One reason for not flatting is the <30BB stack who just called the min raise pre-flop from MP. Maybe he will gamble with his small / mid pp and just shove over top of my 3-bet.

Having said that, if the original raiser 4 bets me, I would have to fold my hand.
  • Any history of what raiser has done or capable of? Or the callers?
  • I get and like set mining. But is this really a good spot for that, in the cut off with a premium ish hand?
    I get and like set mining. But is this really a good spot for that, in the cut off with a premium ish hand?

That's what I was thinking. Its a strong hand but doesn't play well post flop. Only the original raiser is worrisome as stronger hands JJ+, AQ+ would 3-bet in MP. So by 3-betting, I was showing a lot of strength and if the original raiser 4-bets, I have to fold as I would have to be behind or at worst flipping.
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    I was going to say that with stacks you could also setmine, but I thought being wishywashy would make me look like a pussy.

Thanks for the confirmation;)

Pussy
  • T8urmoney wrote: »
    Pussy

No wetts
  • obv if we're not 3-betting, we're set mining.......I just don't like set mining with a big hand in good position.....3-bet'ing all Phucking day, and folding on Sundays
  • if min raising is the standard, not 2.5 or 3x, then i call and set mine..even if i make it 1200 to go the original raiser has 2/1 on his $ and with any kind of hand would likely at least call...no 10 on the flop, im through with the hand
  • I would lean towards a flat. If I had JJ, I may 3-bet a small percentage of the time and flat the rest of the time.
    Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Theres probably not a bad way to go here, I wouldnt say I lean towards flat/3b in any significant way.
  • With a minraise and 2 callers, I'm 3 betting every time, probably bet 2/3's of the pot or even pot. I think TT is too big of a hand to flat to set mine. 88 or lower and I would just flat to do that.
  • With a minraise and 2 callers, I'm 3 betting every time, probably bet 2/3's of the pot or even pot. I think TT is too big of a hand to flat to set mine. 88 or lower and I would just flat to do that.
    if you are looking to try to take it down pre flop, betting pot is not enough[850]....you are giving the original raiser 3/1..what if you get called in 2 spots and an overcard or 2 comes down?...if you 3bet to 1800, then they may not have pot odds, but you have inflated the pot and if you get a call your gonna gulp with a marginal hand, imo....flat call and then be prepared to abandon ship if need be
  • Very good point. My thinking is that a min-raise shows weakness, as does the two calls afterwards so a 3 bet probably gets them to fold. I agree though, that the raise should be more.

Flatting and folding if need be post flop is def the safer approach, I guess it depends how aggressive you want to be. C-betting if you get a caller or two with an overcard... or two... can still take it down, but can also get you into a lot of trouble after unnecessarily inflating the pot.
  • keep in mind, tony, if min raising is the norm at the table or even 2.5 x, then it may not be weak, also if the guy who initially min raised was raising 3x preflop, previously, he might be just balancing , or he may have a monster , begging for a 3 bet...and is being tricky..either way, flatting on the button is what i do...isnt poker fun? lol..
  • fun indeed! and yes, very tricky.
    players are loose / passive

This was my initial though on why to reraise. Plus a min-raise at 50/100 isn't normally standard for an online tourny in my experience.

Anyways, flatting isn't a bad move, though I still think I'm 3-betting in this situation.
  • Very good point. My thinking is that a min-raise shows weakness, as does the two calls afterwards so a 3 bet probably gets them to fold. I agree though, that the raise should be more.

Flatting and folding if need be post flop is def the safer approach, I guess it depends how aggressive you want to be. C-betting if you get a caller or two with an overcard... or two... can still take it down, but can also get you into a lot of trouble after unnecessarily inflating the pot.

What are you doing if any one of the villains 4B?
  • Head between legs and shove?

Likely pretend to tank and fold.

I'd like to know what GTA and T8 would do, as they both also said they would 3bet.
  • I'd like to know what GTA and T8 would do, as they both also said they would 3bet.

Villain dependant, but I'd likely fold to any 4-bet from raiser, and jam on the 30bb shorty.

Don't want to commit 90bb with TT, but 30 is OK
  • T8urmoney wrote: »
    Villain dependant, but I'd likely fold to any 4-bet from raiser, and jam on the 30bb shorty.

Don't want to commit 90bb with TT, but 30 is OK

what he says