Civic Long weekend tournament/cash game in Waterdown!

Hey everyone,

I am looking to put together a game this long weekend at my new place and wanted to see if anyone is interested in coiming out and playing a tournament followed by a cash game. Any if so, if people would prefer fri, sat or sunday evening I will set things up and get a good game going. Have some familiar friends out as well as some new faces I havn't been able to meet from here yet.

I was thinking a tournament anywhere from $50-$100 buy in depending on players preferences and then a .50/1 or 1/2 game afterwards. All games are rake free and just playing for the fun and love of the game, however if a lot of people are coming I would ask $5 from each person and I will provide food, drinks, snacks etc.

I have up to 3 tables that can be used.

Let me know who is interested.

Thanks everyone.

UPDATE:

Game will be held Saturday Aug 3rd at 7:30 pm, waterdown, address and directions will be given to those attending.

Buy in: $50/rebuy $30 addon
NLHE
Blind Levels 25 mins
Starting stack 5,000 chips

Cash Game to follow if possible, can be either .50/1 or 1/2 no higher or lower and will be discussed on evening.

Again all games are rake free, but I do as that each player covers $5 so that the pop, chips, pizza or wtv is covered and shared expense.

See you all there.

Comments

• Updated saturday list!

1. Irunit
    2. Pkrface9 (t)
    3. Adam L (t)
    4. Robert (t)
    5. Muddgutts
    6. DjGolfcan
    7. Milo
    8. John C (t)
    9. Anita
    10. Don
  • In. Friday or Saturday preferred.
  • Interested for Saturday.
  • I'd be in for Friday. Would prefer the higher buy-in side of that range.
  • It might be clearer if you separated the list into Friday or Saturday. I should be Ok for Friday. Saturday is probably Ok too. I would prefer 50 or less for the tourney. You will likely get more interest at that level anyway. How about a rebuy?

Very interested in a cash game. .25/.50 up to 1/2.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  • Well it looks as if i can only do saturday or sunday now, aoparently the wife had plans for friday. Sorry bout that guys, between saturday and sunday loojs like saturday night might be the best option. If had several requests for the lower stakes and others for the higher stakes, would the ones at the higher stakes be intetested in a $50 rebuy and add on style game or prefer freezeout?
  • Saturday night is perfect, wouldn't have to change my work shift. Rebuy is ok with me, say $40 rebuy, first two levels, 30 min blinds.
  • Okay guys, so saturday is the new night and I was thinking a start time of 7:30pm. Please post for those that are interested that havnt posted yet, and those that have said yes please confirm and send me a pm and I will send out the address and directions etc. I will re-do the player list so I can have an accurate count of players for saturdays game.
  • In for Saturday, 7:30pm, please PM directions or address.
  • Just got back from a camping trip. Sorry man, I'm out. Rebuy/Add ons just not my thing. Good luck to all.
  • Re-buys and add-ons are a deal breaker for me as well. Probably just go watch Wolverine this weekend instead.
  • Well since this game is about the people coming and I was leaving it up to the players, it was proposed to me that more people would be interested in rebuys I made it as such, however if all are still interested how does a $60 freezeout sound instead? I would liek to get this game happening tomorrow and I am not stuck on a rebuy format by any means. Please let me know if you are still interested as soon as possible so I can run the game in the way that best suits the players and send directions etc.
  • Is there anymore interest in playing a $60 freezeout tonight or has the time passed?
  • I'm still a no go. After seeing it was a rebuy/add on I went ahead and made some plans. Hope the game still happens and fun is had!
  • how did the festivities go?
  • Well it turned out that all the forum members were no longer interested and then once numbers dropped another person said no thanks so i cancelled it, but go figure at 6pm i started getting pm's and texts asking bout the game and could have had a table of 9 but was too late to get things going again.

Next time i will have to set things up much further in advance and deciding on game style so this doesnt happen again.
  • that's too bad about the game but you are experienced at running a game and already are on the right track by saying "set things up much further in advance and deciding on game style so this doesnt happen again".