$150 Bounty @Brantford

Called Brantford and they are at almost 50 for the $150 Bounty today at 11am. I am going to go out there hoping they sell out or get close to 80 participants. Anyone going?

Comments

• I was thinking about the Bounty tourney with 13.3% rake, but usually have late Saturday night poker sessions like at Fallsview into this morning, so I didn't wake up in time. Now I'm thinking of the $90+$10 electronic tournament with lower 10% rake at Georgian Downs, but that room needs a better promotion so that it will have at least six players to start a tournament instead of being an empty room.

Hopefully Brantford will have a $550 Deep Stack Bounty (400 + 100 bounty + 50 fee) with 15,000 chips, 30-minute blinds, and the slower blind structure "B" so that the rake will be < 10% and more beatable.
    Called Brantford and they are at almost 50 for the $150 Bounty today at 11am.
  • The tournament did end up selling out at 80. Top 9 got paid and 1st got almost $2,700. Had an up and down day after being chip leader at first break. Lost 3/4's my stack soon after break trying to get cute in the small blind with AA. Big blind happens to have pocket 10's in a 3-way pot and flops his set.

Doubled up on a flush and pocket JJ's and got back into average stack territory. The hand that killed my day was my second last one. Called under the gun's all-in A5O with AJO on the button. We go head's up and of course an A and a 5 show up and I go from 48k to 24k. Shoved Q-10 under the gun and lost to A high.

The good thing is that I got 4 bounties and made $50 on texas holdem bonus, so the tournament was basically a free roll for me with the exception of gas.

On the way out I noticed that this Thursday's deep stack has 77 of 80 spots sold and next Sunday's tourney is at 76 of 80 spots sold. If anyone is interested I suggest you sign up soon.

On a side note, Brantford no longer offers 5-10 holdem poker. Apparently they've gone to 4-8 because 5-10 was dying. 4-8 is with a kill, if hold em is your thing.
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    I was thinking about the Bounty tourney with 13.3% rake, but usually have late Saturday night poker sessions like at Fallsview into this morning, so I didn't wake up in time. Now I'm thinking of the $90+$10 electronic tournament with lower 10% rake at Georgian Downs, but that room needs a better promotion so that it will have at least six players to start a tournament instead of being an empty room.

Hopefully Brantford will have a $550 Deep Stack Bounty (400 + 100 bounty + 50 fee) with 15,000 chips, 30-minute blinds, and the slower blind structure "B" so that the rake will be < 10% and more beatable.

I will do a deep stack at Brantford this month or hit up Rama's next Monday event. Let me know if you are going out to either one.
  • On the way out I noticed that this Thursday's deep stack has 77 of 80 spots sold and next Sunday's tourney is at 76 of 80 spots sold. If anyone is interested I suggest you sign up soon.
    I almost threw up when I saw your post as I have sold out a BAP to play the $550 Deep Stacks. I grabbed my credit card & immediately phoned Brantford and while I was dialing, I figured that you have misinterpreted what the numbers mean; Brantford confirmed that only TWO players have prepaid early for the $550, and only three for the $100+$25 (20% rake is too high).
    I will do a deep stack at Brantford this month or hit up Rama's next Monday event. Let me know if you are going out to either one.
    I will buy-in for the $500+$50 and the other excellent tournaments closer to the date. I have already bought an entry for the next Rama tournament in order to avoid the TicketMaster charges.
    I almost threw up when I saw your post as I have sold out a BAP to play the $550 Deep Stacks. I grabbed my credit card & immediately phoned Brantford and while I was dialing, I figured that you have misinterpreted what the numbers mean; Brantford confirmed that only TWO players have prepaid early for the $550, and only three for the $100+$25 (20% rake is too high).
    I will buy-in for the $500+$50 and the other excellent tournaments closer to the date. I have already bought an entry for the next Rama tournament in order to avoid the TicketMaster charges.

I should have been more specific. This Thursday, July18, $125 Deep stack is almost sold out, as is next Sunday's Freezeout, July 21, $120 Freezeout.

The $550 Deep stack I will try the satellite in, as my bank roll and the boss lady wouldn't allow that high of a buy-in at this time. I did read that the $550 Deepstack has a $50,000 guaranteed prize pool, which I think would make first place in the 10-11k range.
  • This Thursday, July18, $125 Deep stack is almost sold out, as is next Sunday's Freezeout, July 21, $120 Freezeout.
    No, what Brantford posts in the first floor sales area is the number of AVAILABLE seats. As I confirmed in my previous post, only THREE seats have been sold for this Thursday's $125, and there are still 77 seats AVAILABLE. This is typical as many players don't buy until the final 48 hours before the tournament.

Games that have too high a rake are very difficult to beat, so I never play the Brantford tournaments with rake >= 17%, such as Thursday's $100+$25 (20%) and Sunday's $100+$20 (17%). I do want to play the Super Satellite on Monday 7 PM, July 22, but I won't make it in time from Rama unless I get eliminated by 4:30 PM (which hasn't happened yet).
    No, what Brantford posts in the first floor sales area is the number of AVAILABLE seats. As I confirmed in my previous post, only THREE seats have been sold for this Thursday's $125, and there are still 77 seats AVAILABLE. This is typical as many players don't buy until the final 48 hours before the tournament.

Games that have too high a rake are very difficult to beat, so I never play the Brantford tournaments with rake >= 17%, such as Thursday's $100+$25 (20%) and Sunday's $100+$20 (17%). I do want to play the Super Satellite on Monday 7 PM, July 22, but I won't make it in time from Rama unless I get eliminated by 4:30 PM (which hasn't happened yet).

I see. I actually bought and returned a seat for Thursday's Deep stack once I realized I had something else planned that day. When I bought in the cashier changed the sign from 77/80 to 78/80 available seats on the sign. Maybe she was confused.

I didn't realize that the satellite and Rama tourney were on the same day. I have a choice to make I guess.
  • I didn't realize that the satellite and Rama tourney were on the same day. I have a choice to make I guess.
    Check my "July Tournaments" thread for the best dates to play this month. For example, there are three excellent but conflicting tournaments on the same day of July 28. I had cashed before in the $220+$10 electronic Deep Stack, but I will be playing the Brantford $500+$50 instead. I also want to play the even better $530+$20 at Georgian Downs, but it hasn't been getting any support to run its scheduled tournaments.
  • Sad to hear about the $5/10 game. $4/8 is an annoying white chip game, especially because the kill will be $8/16. That will really kill the #hand/hr. Harder to beat the rake, $2/5 players will be more confused when they go to $4/8 and it won't feed the 10/20 game as much.

New way to tilt the table: ask every street how much you can bet AND count out your bets by ones.
  • moose wrote: »
    Sad to hear about the $5/10 game. $4/8 is an annoying white chip game, especially because the kill will be $8/16. That will really kill the #hand/hr. Harder to beat the rake, $2/5 players will be more confused when they go to $4/8 and it won't feed the 10/20 game as much.

New way to tilt the table: ask every street how much you can bet AND count out your bets by ones.

Yeah, it was weird seeing some of the 5/10 regulars with stacks of white in front of them. I'm not a fan of the 4/8 and think it would be less profitable for the reasons you stated. On the other hand, the game may draw in more novice players due to the lower stakes. If I'm really bored one day and the bad beat is high enough I'll give it a go.
  • I prefer white chip games at very low limits...more fun having lots of chips splashing around IMO
  • Lots of chips in the pot do make for a looser game but it's Brantford, so - no.