Rain . . .

Pearson Airport just cleared 105 mm mark for rainfall today. Last time the GTA got more than this in a 24 hour period? Hurricane Hazel (the real one, not the friggin' Mayor of Mississauga) with 121 mm.

Yup, I have become a weather geek.

Comments

• Welcome to the future
  • Welcome to the club. At this time of year I check at least 4 weather sites every day and average them. Along with the weather eye (me looking outside).

Other day I checked one and regretted it later. Boo weathernetwork.
  • I have lived here all my life. Just took the family out for some sightseeing. I have never ever seen water levels like we have right now. Creeks that are 10-15 feet below the road deck are currently washing over the bridges. There is just too much water to flow UNDER the bridge so the excess is going over the road. I finally feel justified in using the phrase, "In all my years . . ."
  • Hope all you TO peeps are dry and safe.
  • tell me about it. i've been trying to get some work done on my backyard and it won't stop raining! got my walk up from the basement rebricked but haven't been able to cover it in cement yet. also, i'm putting in a new patio and path so digging it all out in the rain by hand isn't the most fun.
  • More rain yesterday than Hurricane Hazel back in '54.
  • only 105?

lol