Heading to Woodbine..

On my way to give it a try. Say hi if you see me... Will have my black fedora on... Also will post a trip report...

Comments

• Good luck, Dad! #rungood
  • Why Woodbine instead of Mohawk?
  • Everybody knows him at Mohawk . . .

alternatively,

No $$$ at Mohawk. Everyone's solid.
  • Alternatively, he could be taking a shot at where the huge cash game money is. Last time I played 5/5 at Woodbine, there was over $20,000 in the main table!
    Milo wrote: »
    No $$$ at Mohawk.
  • If anyone finds a Compuease wearing a black fedora wandering aimlessly in the Woodbine area, please call the number on his tag as we would like to have him back safely at his home. With a trip report.
  • You guys are nuts...:p
  • Okay, you made it home safe . . . what about your wallet?
  • Was the waiting list or parking nuts too? I'm thinking of stopping by Woodbine after today's 4:30 PM Deep Stack tournament at Georgian Downs, but with the Queen's Plate going on, I'm wondering if the waiting will be the longest ever.
    compuease wrote: »
    You guys are nuts...:p
  • Ok, here is my trip report of my first foray to Wodbine.. Now I have played the electronic tables before a few times, all at the Excalibur a few years ago… I do think they are ok, no tipping, more hands, etc but still prefer a live dealer for the fun aspect.
    Arrived at 4:30, got my players card, loaded it with $300. and proceeded to poker area by 4:45.. There were 9 people on the waiting list, added my name and played my free $5. Slots ticket that I got with my new players card… That lasted all of 5 minutes..:( I am not a good slots player, not much good at poker either but that’s for others to determine...
    Called to a new table at 5 and bought in with the full $300… Realized that the rest of the table all bought in for much less except for one guy who put out $200. A couple bought in for only $60. one for $65. ?? and varying amounts up to $200..
    Impressions over the first couple of hours… Pretty loose play, avg to flop of 5 players, I was not one of them.. I like the stats although I pretty well know my own… Would love if you could look at the stats for all players.. Very little raising early on, certainly less than at Niagara..
    For the first 3 hours or so, saw several strange plays and even one guy call off his stack of almost $200. with 2nd pr on flop, no improvement through three betting rounds… I really played ABC poker and built my stack to approx. $550. with virtually no risk.. By this time there was certainly more preflop raising but generally it was $7-9..
    My first and only big hand, I’m in the BB with 44. Mid position raise to $7. three callers including myself. Only the SB matters and he has $212. Preflop. Flop is 455, sb bets $10. into $25. Pot, I call hoping for something from one of the other two players, one of them calls, pot now $53. Turn a 10, no flush although I believe there was 2 diamonds. SB leads for $30… What should I have done?
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    Was the waiting list or parking nuts too? I'm thinking of stopping by Woodbine after today's 4:30 PM Deep Stack tournament at Georgian Downs, but with the Queen's Plate going on, I'm wondering if the waiting will be the longest ever.

See my previous post re waiting list.. I don't think the waiting list got long all night... 2/5 I believe had 2 tables going most of the night.. There were also 3 or 4 tables unused even at 8pm... I may go again today, especially with the Queens Plate going... Maybe lots of gamblers??
  • compuease wrote: »
    Turn a 10, no flush although I believe there was 2 diamonds. SB leads for $30… What should I have done?
    Raise to 100.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  • With two players in the hand with you, there is a good chance the flatter has an overpair to the board or has a 5. Time to get some value out of your hand and raise it to $80 or so and snap call, fist pump the jam by the guy with the 5.
  • Interesting responses, can't really disagree with either.. I was thinking (perhaps hoping) that flatter from late position (I think he was cutoff) had nut flush draw... Would you want to chase him out if true? It sure looked like SB had a 5 at this point...
  • Ok, heading to Woodbine again, see if I can catch any of the Queens Plate crowd in a donating mood.
  • compuease wrote: »
    Ok, heading to Woodbine again, see if I can catch any of the Queens Plate crowd in a donating mood.

Go get 'em Comp.

Can't believe you left without telling us what you did in that last hand. Tho.

I'm happy to say that I have at least a meager amount of poker skill as I tended to agree with both DJ and Pokerfce!
  • pkrfce9 wrote: »
    Raise to 100.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    djgolfcan wrote: »
    With two players in the hand with you, there is a good chance the flatter has an overpair to the board or has a 5. Time to get some value out of your hand and raise it to $80 or so and snap call, fist pump the jam by the guy with the 5.

Well in spite of wanting to catch someone on a flush draw, I re-raised to $72. cutoff folded, SB jammed and as dj said I snap called (hoping he didn't have 10-5)... Well he didn't, he had A, 5... I'm praying no A. no A... Well not for long as these electronic tables don't pause... River another 10...:( $200. down the drain... can't really blame him, just bad luck... again...
  • Todays trip was pretty uneventful... Met Blondefish there, he played 5/5 I believe.. Not sure if he ended up or down as I left before him.. He was down at that point. I ended up down about $70... Only hand of significance I had QQ utg, limped mid position raises to $10., three callers to me, two of them short stacks, ie less than $100. One calls with A,9 others fold... Can't believe he thought he had me beat... Flush by the river cost me $90...
    Would go back... very busy parking lot with the Queens Plate this afternoon and it took me a long ttme to get a parking spot, only 30 min to get on a table.