Okay, here we go . . .

"Just over the Hill Poker"

Until STR82ACE comes back to the "hosting" fold, I will be opening my home to Thursday night poker for those who are going through withdrawal. I will likewise be shamelessly ripping off the Ching Hill structure as far as blinds and levels are concerned. Unfortunately, I am only going to start out with one table tournies, as moving furniture during the work week is not my idea of fun. Besides, a pro couch mover like Costanza costs big bucks, and I am cheap.

Date: Thursday, July 11th @ 8:00 p.m.
Buy-in: $50.00
Misc: Host to provide snacks (unless Sam plays and feels obligated)
If have 4 cats in residence so, if you have allergies, take steps. One caution . . . if you leave your seat during play, Chester may put you "all-in".

So who is in?

1. Milo
2. Wetts1012
3. TammiM68
4. Pkrfce9
5. hiphopopotamus
6. garryc
7. Shifty
8. asxn577
9. Karen
10. Sonny

Wait list.

Almost forgot, as this is going to be 1 table only, for now, I am going to give preference to past and present "Hill" members over new players. It only seems fair.

Comments

• you may remove the T, I am off that day.
  • done . . .
  • I'm away this week, but will get in on the next one
  • Okay, out for the 11th.
  • If anyone has Sam's contact info. outside of the Forum, could you give him the heads up?
  • Great . . . 7 already, looking good for a full table.
  • I would love to play this day but the 11th is my birthday and would be my last if I spent it playing poker and not with the wife and daughter. But in if you do it again .
    I would have felt obligated to buy snacks but now not so much >:D
  • Aahhh . . . just tell them that your present is being allowed to play.

rookies
  • bump . . . just to dump the spam.
  • Address will be PM'ed tonight. Still room for a few more.
  • PM sent.
  • And one more is on the board.
  • do we have to go to a soccer game before the poker game?

Are you sure you don't want snacks brought in?

Milton Slim
  • Out....going to a concert this week.
  • ddmilcan wrote: »
    do we have to go to a soccer game before the poker game?

Are you sure you don't want snacks brought in?

Milton Slim

Soccer is tonight.

Almost bought green Twizzlers today. Thanks, but I'll take care of the snacks.
  • Wetts, would you please remember the Chinese New Year Chip
  • Going to have to bail on this. Apparently, my daughter's college requires a $250 deposit by Friday. Sorry.
  • Well . . . if you won . . .

no problem, dj
  • With it being down to 8, I am still of a mind to pay top 3, but what do you think of third getting their buy-in back, rather than 20%, and then 70/30 for the top two?

Pay-outs would look like this:
    1. $250
    2. $100
    3. $50

Thoughts? I am equally fine with just leaving it as the usual 50/30/20 split.
  • ok with me

Milton Slim
  • works for me
  • You are the boss. As long as Tony Danza is not around.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  • 50 / 30 / 20
  • Okay . . . I realize that the majority is willing to accept the change, but the idea of this night is to mimic the Hill. With that in mind, we will play it as a 50/30/20 on this night. If the evening's discussion tends towards favouring the alternative, I may institute that for follow-on tournaments.
  • What time does this usually end? I'd like to play but also have work the next morning.
  • 11:00 . . . maybe a little later. You'd be welcome
  • Sign me up. Can you PM the address? Thanks.
  • Interested. Will know around 6ish if im able to attend, if seats are still avail.
  • You are both in . . . address has been PM'ed

Shifty, the address PM has my home phone #. If you cannot make it, just give me a ring, otherwise I'll see you at the table.