Recent Hand at Woodbine Poker Room

Hi Guys,

I was playing a relatively short session at the Woodbine Poker Room today (at the electronic poker tables) when this hand came up; thinking back up, I'm pretty sure I played this hand very badly but just wanted some more input.

So, it's 1/2 nl and I've got just over $300 in the small blind. The player in MP1 raises to $10 (roughly $200 left behind), MP3 calls (roughly $370ish left) , and I re-raise to $31 with A Ao. Both players call.

The flop comes 2 K 3 rainbow and I bet $50; MP1 calls and MP3 folds (pot now roughly $190). The turn comes K and I bet $100, MP1 shoves.

I snap called.

Now, before I say the result, this is what I was thinking: after the shove the pot had over $400 and $50 for me to call so 8 to 1 odds.

But, thinking later I knew that MP1 was a conservative player so it's very possible that he raised pre-flop with a K and then called my flop c-bet with a pair of K's then shoved on the turn with a set (but again, i did this thinking later on unfortunately).

Anyway, back to the hand, MP1 showed K 8 for a flopped set; the river was an 8 giving him a full house and I lost a big pot.

So, any thoughts?

On a side note, I find that I'm alright with doing this type of analysis after the fact but I kick myself for not thinking this during the hand itself...has anyone else thought this as well?

Thanks in advance for the input!

Comments

• akshrivas wrote: »

But, thinking later I knew that MP1 was a conservative player
    akshrivas wrote: »
    MP1 showed K 8 for a flopped set; the river was an 8 giving him a full house and I lost a big pot.

Don't quite get the idea that MP1 is a conservative player, especially playing K,8 in mid position.:confused:

Also you can't flop a set with K,8... He turned 3 of a kind is what I think you mean...
  • Bah, theres not many bluffs in his range here, but you cant fold.

Hands that flat a 3bet pre and call your flop bet are basically pretty limited to 99-QQ, KQss, AK, and maybe 22/33.

I suppose villain can show up often enough with 1010-QQ here that a call is OK.

That said, I prob check/call turn, and check/re-eval river.
  • Hey compuease,

Yeah that's what I meant...he turned trips, I realized that mistake too.

I thought MP1 was a conservative player mainly because he'd shown down big cards in the time he was at the table (mostly KK, KQs, things like that).
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Bah, theres not many bluffs in his range here, but you cant fold.

Hands that flat a 3bet pre and call your flop bet are basically pretty limited to 99-QQ, KQss, AK, and maybe 22/33.

I suppose villain can show up often enough with 1010-QQ here that a call is OK.

That said, I prob check/call turn, and check/re-eval river.

Sounds good man, thanks!
  • With OP having two Aces, villain's opening range includes a lot of Kings, especially after calling your > 1/2 pot bet on the static flop. The King on the turn improved the equity of villain's range versus yours, so I would check and evaluate what he does with his remaining ~$130 stack and the pot at $193.
    Wetts1012 wrote: »
    That can be the likely range of a decent player, but a lot of live players have terribly wide calling ranges. Raising 5x BB with only K8 in MP1 is -EV for this NON-conservative player and calling the raise to $31 is even worse, but the few times that the bad player gets runner-runner cards to suck out, some silly players become convinced that all the electronic tables are rigged, just like all online sites and all the live "dealers that hate me"! :rolleyes:
  • once you bet the 100 on the turn, where you going? think hand played out itself. hard to fold if you check the turn.
  • Those tables are rigged. Waaay too many set-over-set or worse situations IMO, even if you adjust for the #of hands per hour.

Was there on Sunday and saw quads 4 times in 6 hours on the same table, with quad sixes losing to a straight flush, and set over set 3 times in the same time frame.

And it wasn't a super-loose table either. AVG # players to the flop was less than 3.
    A Ao.

Those unsuited Aces are so tricky to play.
  • The great news is that tournaments are said to be coming at Woodbine. It could be ~$300 buy-in on a Tuesday or Wednesday using the entire room. :wav: Please continue to request tournaments at Woodbine until this is confirmed.
    Card Dead wrote: »
    Those tables are rigged. Waaay too many set-over-set or worse situations IMO
    Sigh.
    MP1 showed K 8
    Is happy back in town?

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  • K-8 . . . Make money !!!
  • Thanks for all the input and feedback guys! I'm starting a new thread about another hand I played recently (again at Woodbine)...this time I'd really appreciate if you could comment more on my thought process and tell me if I'm on the right track or not.

Thanks again!
    Thanks for all the input and feedback guys! I'm starting a new thread about another hand I played recently (again at Woodbine)...this time I'd really appreciate if you could comment more on my thought process and tell me if I'm on the right track or not.

Thanks again!

Hint, don't post results in your opening post.... And try and give table image for opponents and what you think they think of you... honestly..
  • compuease wrote: »
    Hint, don't post results in your opening post.... And try and give table image for opponents and what you think they think of you... honestly..

Can we post what we think of you?
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    Can we post what we think of you?

I already know that...