WSOP 2004 Tournament Coverage

If you're interested, you can get WSOP 2004 tournament coverage (reports, results, end off day chip counts, etc) at

www.finaltablepoker.com

They also have a (free to enter) fantasy contest where you basically pick 10 players from a list you get points based on where your players finish in each WSOP event. A good strategy for this contest is to not only choose good players (duh), but also players you think will enter a lot of events.

ScottyZ

Comments

• Thanks for the info I love fantasy contests like this, I dont mind posting my picks here so here they are.

Amir Vahedi
    Andy Bloch
    Chip Jett
    Chris Johansson
    Dan Harrington
    Howard Lederer
    Humberto Brenes
    Layne Flack
    Mel Judah
    Thor Hansen

I'll let you know how I do.

stp
  • Yeah, I got my first points. Good ol' Howard Lederer got me 13 points. Woohoo.

stp
  • Any team entries received after April 23, 2004 (4/23/04) at midnight will not score points for the first event.
    :(i'm too late :cry:
  • You can still join this contest if you want to, but you will only earn fantasy player points for the events taking place in the future.

ScottyZ
  • Hellmuth will once again score at this years WSOP.
    Paul Phillips is amazing this year and should be on everyones list.
    I have not heard of Ivey being around much, some of us heard he got caught holding back Aces, meaning hed have the same card for the next hand, never heard much more about it, but find it very odd to not see him around the WSOP yet.
    stp some of yur guys dont play enough events to have them on yur team, Johansson and dan harrington play only a few. Ive played with thor though and that is a great pick.
  • im wrong. Ivey has been at Harrahs, but he isnt playing all the events, i know he used to play all the games at as high a level as anyone.
    It is possible that he is short on funds as he hasnt had a big score in a long while, and the craps losses must of caught up to him.
    If he is around playing all the bigger buyin events in a week or two, put him on yur fantasy team.
  • Kev...

my team sucks. lol. I guess i should have researched how many tournys they were actually going to enter. I do think however that I have some talented players on my team. Oh well, still fun to do.

stp
  • Kev...

my team sucks. lol. I guess i should have researched how many tournys they were actually going to enter. I do think however that I have some talented players on my team. Oh well, still fun to do.

stp
  • i'm at 190 pts so far :D , but i would have 230 pts if i had registered earlier. :cry: Best guy on my list right now is the "Canadian" Daniel Negreanu.

What do you guys thinks of the daily WSOP videos on pokerpages?

Octavian
  • how many points do you guys have so far ? :D

i'm off the lead by a few hundreds hundreds points :(:cry::(
  • I have 638 pts, and i'm in 19th place right now :D ! But what really sucks is that if i'd registered earlier i'd have 684 pts and be in 9th spot :evil: . The beat guy on my list is now John Juanda with 136 pts. I only have one guy who hasn't scored pts yet - David Ulliott.
  • Octavian wrote:
    I have 638 pts, and i'm in 19th place right now :D ! But what really sucks is that if i'd registered earlier i'd have 684 pts and be in 9th spot :evil: . The beat guy on my list is now John Juanda with 136 pts. I only have one guy who hasn't scored pts yet - David Ulliott.

yeah i gots da devilfish too :cry: and a few others with no points :cry:

:cry: i registered late too :(
  • 19 Octavian 638

oh i see your name :D
  • I prefer Poker Pages coverage. I find it's more descriptive/entertaining (gotta love Nolan Dalla!).
  • I prefer Poker Pages coverage. I find it's more descriptive/entertaining (gotta love Nolan Dalla!).

kewl site :D

thanks,
    CO :D
  • yeah, I've been following on pokerpages.com this whole month as well. I like their coverage and the vid clips of the final tables.
  • I am a big fan of both pokerpages and finaltablepoker.

Pokerstars is planning to broadcast the final table of the Main Event. How they plan to do this, I'm not sure. It will be in *almost* real time, which means that they might be able to show hole cards, since by the time we see the hand, it's just barely happened already.

Will they use their software, and put little pictures of each player in the little circles they have, and have their programmers 'act out' the hands? Or will they actually have some sort of camera feed at the table, only available to pokerstars members?

I'm not sure, and their website doesn't give many details. Here's what it says:

"WATCH THE WSOP FINAL TABLE ON POKERSTARS

Continuing our history of poker innovation, PokerStars will be hosting a LIVE SIMULCAST of the final table of the $10,000 World Series of Poker Championship. On May 28th you'll be able to watch every hand played at the final table in near real-time on a special PokerStars tournament table.

Don't wait several months to view a highly edited version of the event on ESPN - see it LIVE only on PokerStars!"

Hmmm.

Regards,
    all_aces
  • I am interested to see how that live webcast turns out too...
  • ice wrote:
    I am interested to see how that live webcast turns out too...

...will definately be interesting :D
  • I am interested to see how that live webcast turns out too...

It will be *particularly* interesting--and stressful--if Dave Scharf is among those in attendance at the final table.

Go get 'em Dave.

Regards,
    all_aces
  • anyone here planning on getting out to the wsop2004 or wsop2005?
  • anyone here planning on getting out to the wsop2004 or wsop2005

I recently returned from WSOP 2004, and Dave Scharf is heading out in what must be a day or two to play in the main event. Besides that, there's nobody else that I know of, although I'm sure that many Canadians will be in attendance, either as spectators or as players.

Regards,
    all_aces
  • Has Dave already left does anyone know?
  • Dave has posted that his flight leaves tomorrow (May 20th) in his first 'WSOP Report' post in the 'Ask Dave Scharf' section.
  • CanadaKev wrote:
    I have not heard of Ivey being around much, some of us heard he got caught holding back Aces, meaning hed have the same card for the next hand, never heard much more about it, but find it very odd to not see him around the WSOP yet.

I was there last week and saw him lots at the Golden Nugget. Doyle Brunson seemed to be there daily playing with Bobby Baldwin, Chip Reese, Ivey, Gus Hansen and others.
  • #1 has 838 pts
    #20 has 718 pts

my team has 400+ pts :cry::(:cry:

SAD :(