Feedback if you please...

Hey

So I don't play a lot of B&M cash game, but this is at the Mohawk Electronic tables. Table is about 6 - 7 handed. My image, for those that were paying attention (see Villain 1 in a moment), is a solid disciplined player, tight, but aggressive with hands. One hand of note earlier against this guy, hit a set of 5's on a board of K-5-7 with two spades four handed, checked around and the non-spade 2 on the turn, I bet $35 into a $40 pot, all fold but him, and river comes a 4s, completing flushes and straights, he bets $50 and I fold, he shows QTss. Anyways, on to this hand

Villain 1: As mentioned, a decent enough player to be paying attention, but seems to not care about odds for calling to his draws. Aggressive when he sees an opportunity, but calls to see lots of flops trying to outdo people there. He is the only real threat at the table I've ID'd so far aside from run bad. Start of hand, about $340

Villain 2: Older lady, spews money, aggressive not because she should be, more like because "fuck these penis people, I'm gonna show them". Not terribly good, but predictable, tries to take control of any hand she plays, but does so poorly. Sitting with about $200?

Villain 3: Super loose / passive, calls a lot, but raises when you don't expect it. High variance, dumped $150 in $50 buy ins in the first hour, is currently at like $300 though.

Hero: Me, you know me. But I'm generally tight, especially at this game because truth told, I'm playing with scared money, not going to like losing the $180 I put on the table. However, I've done well, and am sitting at about $300. The table is playing passive loose, with a lot of preflop calling and 5-6 players to the flop. Here's this hand.

I'm in the cutoff, 44. Villain 1 is UTG+1 (1st to act after the straddle), limps. I call for the $4 straddle, Villain 2 (button) bumps to $12, Villain 3 (SB) calls, straddle calls, and V1 calls. I call as well.

Pot - $62

Flop: K-4-7 (2 diamonds).

Here on out, whited out to get thoughts before you see what I did.

Checked around to me, I check thinking that V2 is going to continuation pride-bet, which she does to $25, V3 calls the $25 but V1 bumps to $105.

I pause a moment, and know that V1 thinks this is a good spot, but I don't think he can just air re-pop this, so he has something he's okay with. I figured the pot is up to $215ish, and I just shove for my remaining $200ish. I figured he may have a draw / super draw, and wanted to make him pay as much as I could.

My question is, did I leave money out on the table here? I don't think either V2 or V3 will call a re-pop that was called by me, in fact I"m sure V3 wouldn't. A hole I still may need to fill is balancing gamble vs. max profit. Is V1's range include 2 diamonds? Of course, does it include the 5-6? Maybe, as I said, he was the only other person paying attention at the table to other's habits, so I can only assume he put V2 in the same box as I did (i.e. implied odds machine).

Mark

Comments

• You're wanting calls from Kx, but you'd like to chase the flush draws out (V1? Would he fold to such an obvious play?)

Ideally, someone who acts ahead of you hits the King and bets it. If V1 comes along, he either has a decent King or the flush draw, based on your read. So, if it is a bet and a call in front, how big a raise to take it down?

Read the whited portion . . . no spoilers.

No thought that V1 might be stealing? Would V2 call out of spite?
    Based on your prologue, what else could you do?
  • Poker discussion? Wha?

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  • Milo wrote: »
    You're wanting calls from Kx, but you'd like to chase the flush draws out (V1? Would he fold to such an obvious play?)

Ideally, someone who acts ahead of you hits the King and bets it. If V1 comes along, he either has a decent King or the flush draw, based on your read. So, if it is a bet and a call in front, how big a raise to take it down?

Read the whited portion . . . no spoilers.

No thought that V1 might be stealing? Would V2 call out of spite?
    Based on your prologue, what else could you do?

I think V2 would not spite call, she would get angry at anyone pushing back, but isn't quite THAT spewy. As I said, V1 does get aggressive when he thinks he has an edge / opportunity. As for the last question - that's kinda what I'm asking :)

Mark
  • Was Kd on the flop? If not, maybe he has the K-high flush draw and is looking to take it now.

As for answering that last question, you have to play it as you did. Maximizing is one thing, but you have to juxtapose the "perfect" play against the "best" play at that moment. I think you made the best play.
  • Sorry, but I am never checking this flop. Leading out looks weaker, like you are protecting Kx against the flush, no one is putting you on a set when you lead out.
    -
    If you want to maximize your profits, just bet enough to give the flush draw the wrong odds to call, 2/3 pot should do it.
    -
    A check raise all in, against two opponents, looks super strong and only the weakest of players or a better hand call you.
    -
    You don't want the flush draw to fold, you want them to make a mistake by calling/chasing.
  • Bet this flop 100% of the time, $25-$30 feels about right. Didnt read the white, but checking is the nut worst move here.
  • Did you win the moniez?
  • kwsteve wrote: »
    Did you win the moniez?

Irrelevant, but yes.

Mark
  • The effective SPR is only 3. Checking on the flop with only one player behind was a mistake.
    DrTyore wrote: »
    I figured the pot is up to $215ish, and I just shove for my remaining $200ish.
    You said that you started with about $300 preflop. With $217 already in the pot after the raise to $105, having only ~$200 left is not even enough to price out many draws. With the straddle and 3 players putting money on the 2-diamond 74 flop, a flush draw or 65 OESD are in villains' ranges.

3-betting all-in is your correct play, but anybody with a flush draw is getting good pot odds. With V1, he only needs ~19% equity to call, so calling with draws as weak as 3d2d or 65o would be +EV for him. Raising less than all-in would be a mistake, especially since you are "playing with scared money." With scared money, I would do a hit-and-run right after this hand faster than pokerjah at Bellagio! ;)
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Table is about 6 - 7 handed.
    :
    Villain 1: ... $340
    :
    Villain 2: ... $200?
    :
    Villain 3: ... $300
    :
    Hero: ... $300
    I finally got to play at Mohawk and there were also only ~6 players for 1/2. Unlike when DrTyore played as above, the average stack was less than $130 and the average pot was less than $30 so almost all pots were being raked for the full 10%. it is one of the scenarios that I have argued makes 1/2 with effective rake close to 10% or more very difficult to beat in the long run. There was no stack above $200, and there were no fish that would keep rebuying more money into the table. I was tracking the average stack, and it continued to get lower towards $100 as the 10% rake kept disappearing from the table.

It was great to see BigBob and other familiar faces from the Milton area that I haven't seen for ~5 years. After BigBob and others had left the cash game to make it only short-stacked 6-handed, I didn't want to stay too long. The main reason I managed to cash out ahead was a check-raise all-in bluff I pulled; villain folded then showed one Ace (paired) which had me beat.