Good luck DataMn

Good luck to DataMn who is competing at the Canadian National Scrabble Championships this weekend. Let us know if there are any live feeds.

Comments

• Absolutely!!! Take it down, Al.
  • Bap? 2%..
  • Live feeds?

I see it now.

Folks, he's got a letter in his hand. I can't see it clearly but it looks like an e, wait no, it's an o. OMG ladies and gentlemen, what an unbelievable play. Triple word score! His opponent is reeling. I don't think he can recover from this one. Uh oh, it's a challenge! They're going for the dictionary. We'll take a moment for a word from our sponsor, Websters...

GL Spel grate.
  • moose wrote: »
    Live feeds?

I see it now.

Folks, he's got a letter in his hand. I can't see it clearly but it looks like an e, wait no, it's an o. OMG ladies and gentlemen, what an unbelievable play. Triple word score! His opponent is reeling. I don't think he can recover from this one. Uh oh, it's a challenge! They're going for the dictionary. We'll take a moment for a word from our sponsor, Websters...

GL Spel grate.

I hope they get Buck to announce. Good luck Al.
  • Pfft . . . tile cams will let us see each players rack (OF LETTERS, you pervs). That's when Scrabble will REALLY take off, at least in terms of coverage.
  • But we need a Chris Webster to win, to really give the masses the false hope they can win.
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    But we need a Chris Webster to win, to really give the masses the false hope they can win.

What we would really need is "Cole" to win... Now that would generate hope for the masses. ;) And would really make scrabble take off..
  • declerate?
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    declerate?

While not exactly a valid word, that would score 12 points.

It would be legendary to see Al trying to explain the word and it's source to judges. Tho.
  • Thanks all...

I didn't see any of this until just now.

Finished 9-9 +179, in 24th place.

Just to make things real easy on me my first two rounds were against the guys who finished 1st and 2nd. :-p

They actually do have a website where they annotate games and they allow you to go through and follow each rack and what was played, but I'm not going to point you there because I got slaughtered by the eventual champ at the one game that I had with annotation. ;-)

They have had play-by-play coverage on ESPN from a couple of events before - but it never really took off like poker. It's harder to convince the "fish" in Scrabble that they can play at the top levels without working on the game - which Poker has been able to do.
  • Have you ever bluffed all in with aaeeiii?
  • Very impressive
  • DataMn wrote: »
    They actually do have a website where they annotate games and they allow you to go through and follow each rack and what was played, but I'm not going to point you there because I got slaughtered by the eventual champ at the one game that I had with annotation. ;-)
    Just to help Al... >:D

2013 CNSC

And you look great Al... Congrats at a very difficult discipline...
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    Have you ever bluffed all in with aaeeiii?

thats a word yo.

#triplewordscore

37d98f292117a6724ff23bfcbd087e22.jpeg
  • Note the difference in spelling . . .

busted