The Joy of Watching Old Movies

Rewatching old movies I often tend to come across actors before they were who they are today (or words to that effect).

Name the movie and where we know this guy from today (google is cheating have some honour):

gg_zpsda5f2fc2.png

Comments

• Farvre from Super troopers? lol, I don't know.
  • Damn YOU !!! I know this guy, and I love this game . . . like seeing the Skipper from Gilligan's Island in Hang 'em High with Clint Eastwood.
  • I know the movie and his character, but dam if I can remember his name.
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    I know the movie and his character, but dam if I can remember his name.

Which, of course, is the entire point. Sort of like Charles Napier . . .

and before you say "who?" He's the leader of "The Good Ol' Boys" band in the Blues Brothers Movie.
  • He's on Dexter now, no? And isn't that him in Rounders?
  • kwsteve wrote: »
    He's on Dexter now, no? And isn't that him in Rounders?

correct. he plays one of the cops in rounders when they go to play the 'municipal workers'. on dexter his name is angel batista. don't know his actual name though.
  • If you watch enough Law & Order and The Sopranos you see the same pool of extras (and sometimes bigger stars) pop up in both shows. I assume they both used the same casing agency in NY.

Here's an easy one that I also enjoy. This actor was in SW: TESB and had a role on a major sitcom

screen-shot-2011-09-17-at-12-43-17-pm-thumb-200x200-40057.png
  • kwsteve wrote: »
    He's on Dexter now, no? And isn't that him in Rounders?

Wow, that's impressive...I didn't think anyone would get it based on that picture. Unless....you recognized him and googled his imdb? :)
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    If you watch enough Law & Order and The Sopranos you see the same pool of extras (and sometimes bigger stars) pop up in both shows. I assume they both used the same casing agency in NY.

It's amazing how many "character guys keep popping up in "mob" shows/movies. Seems like being ethnically identifiable can be quite a decent little career.
  • I don't have cable and sometimes download (shhh...FCC) old TV series to watch when I'm bored. In an old King of Queens there is an episode where Doug gets manhandled by a bunch of now well known UFC fighters.
  • Yup, because he is a huge fan of the sport.
  • Cheers. Mr know it all.