BSC 60 Changes!

With Bristol Street Classic 60 here, it feels like a great time to try out some changes I’ve been thinking about for a while. So, starting with Wednesday’s tournament, here’s what’s changing.

(I’m hoping to get feedback on any or all of the below!)

- I’m going to be resurrecting my email group that I used to use quite a bit for announcing games to see if we can bump up numbers a bit. Not everyone checks the boards as often as they used to, but email seems fairly safe. If you’d like in, simply send me a message with your email address and I’ll make sure you’re included. I will be continuing to post here, of course.

- We’re going to increase starting stacks to 10,000 chips and, along with that, remove the awkward 25/25 level. This *shouldn’t* have an effect on end times. Our usual final level is 1,500/3000, which means the 2,000/4,000 level will be at the same time as this. Assuming 24 players, this change only adds 30 more big blinds to the game, at that level, with 60BB total on the table.

- But, to be safe, until I can see how this plays out, (and until I finally get to cleaning out the furnace room), the new max will be 24 players. This should only be a temp change.

- Finally, a couple changes to help speed up registration:

- First, once the first person arrives, I’ll deal out and assign all seating and then place the cards on the table downstairs.

- Second, the HH jackpot will be changing soon, but not for this tournament. For now, the HH jackpot will remain in effect, but I’m looking at removing / replacing it. (see the other thread)