Hand Histories

Hi Everyone,

I hope this is the right spot for my question, but apologies if it's not.

I was just wondering what people think is a good program to keep track of hand histories...I've been looking into Hold'em Manager, any thoughts?

FYI, I mostly play low-end sit'n go's ($1.50 buy-ins) with the occasional $1-$3 MTT here and there, and I'd like to really keep track of my hand histories for review.

I'd also like to post some hands too for your opinions, so I'd really appreciate it if someone could let me know how to do that...sorry guys, this stuff is new for me so just need some help.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Holden manager is pretty good at keeping track. It sorts between tourny(sit n go included) and cash games. Hands are sorted by sessions not on going. Maybe there is a way to but idk. The replayer is pretty good sets up a virtual player outlining players bets and action. Theres also cool option that alloweds you to review the hand with the opponents cards hidden so you can practice going over the hand again without hindsight knowledge i.e a hand that could be from months back
  • I use PokerTracker, which costs up to $160. If you have deposited more than the cost of the software and you think you will be playing a lot or moving up to higher buy-ins later, then paying ~$160 for HM2 or PT4 will probably be worth it. If your deposit or online bankroll is less than $160, reviewing the hand histories stored on your PC for free is better.
  • anhdy wrote: »
    Holden manager is pretty good at keeping track. It sorts between tourny(sit n go included) and cash games. Hands are sorted by sessions not on going. Maybe there is a way to but idk. The replayer is pretty good sets up a virtual player outlining players bets and action. Theres also cool option that alloweds you to review the hand with the opponents cards hidden so you can practice going over the hand again without hindsight knowledge i.e a hand that could be from months back
    Thanks a lot for the advice...I believe HM2 offers a free trial period of a month (or maybe even a week, I'll have to double-check) so I'll give it a go.
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    I use PokerTracker, which costs up to $160. If you have deposited more than the cost of the software and you think you will be playing a lot or moving up to higher buy-ins later, then paying ~$160 for HM2 or PT4 will probably be worth it. If your deposit or online bankroll is less than $160, reviewing the hand histories stored on your PC for free is better.
    I've heard good things about PokerTracker too...I'll try a free trial of HM2 for now and see how it goes...my bankroll online's just over $600 now and I'm definitely planning on putting in more volume so, you're right, I think investing in a database tool is a good idea...thanks for the input!
  • YW. PokerTracker 4 has a free 30-day trial with no registration. When I tried out HM, the free trial was shorter.
    akshrivas wrote: »
    I believe HM2 offers a free trial period of a month (or maybe even a week, I'll have to double-check) so I'll give it a go.
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    YW. PokerTracker 4 has a free 30-day trial with no registration. When I tried out HM, the free trial was shorter.
    Good to know, really appreciate the information.

Btw, any advice on how to post hands on the forum for feedback? Mainly, just on how to post them, is it just copy,paste type of thing or a certain process to follow?
  • copy and paste works fine, but DON'T post the results or the hand number.

Some background helps too.

Welcome