Computer Question

Brand new laptop. Model doesn't matter because it always happens to me regardless of the laptop I have had.

Typing away and notice the cursor has jumped 3 or 4 lines back from where I am currently suppose to be typing. If I use a wireless keyboard I don't ever have an issue with this this.

Thanks

Comments

• You must be inadvertently hitting the trackpad with your hand.
  • holychow wrote: »
    You must be inadvertently hitting the trackpad with your hand.

I should have said that doesn't happen. I am only a two finger typist so my fingers only touch the key I am hitting and never rest a hand on the key board at all.
  • Hmm. Then that is strange. Not sure what to tell you. My next guess is evil spirits.
  • holychow wrote: »
    Hmm. Then that is strange. Not sure what to tell you. My next guess is evil spirits.

Found this nugget. It seems to have solved my problems for now.

No, keep your PC ;-) I have seen this alot with laptops! Lets give this a try: Click the Start button> click Control Panel> click Hardware> and then click Mouse. Click the Pointer Options tab, and then do the following: Uncheck the Hide pointer while typing box. Hope this helps you. Let us know either way. Make it a great day!
  • get voice to text.
  • I have the same occasional problem with my Dell laptop. I'm a fast touch typist that only touches the keys, but Windows (Vista) seems to jump the cursor sometimes as I'm typing. It has happened when I was posting here. I already had the "Hide Pointer while typing" unchecked.
    Lets give this a try: Click the Start button> click Control Panel> click Hardware> and then click Mouse. Click the Pointer Options tab, and then do the following: Uncheck the Hide pointer while typing box.
  • Easy fix on a laptop, disable touchpad... yw.. People don't think they are touching it but if it's real sensitive just the brush of your palm will do it.. VERY common... Holychow is right...
  • compuease wrote: »
    Easy fix on a laptop, disable touchpad... yw.. People don't think they are touching it but if it's real sensitive just the brush of your palm will do it.. VERY common... Holychow is right...

how do i do that
  • how do i do that

Google university is your best education... However is does somewhat depend on your make/model of laptop as well as the O/S you are running...

How to Disable Your Laptop Touchpad | PCWorld

How to Disable the Laptop Touchpad in Windows 7 - YouTube
  • If you still can't figure it out perhaps I can remote in to you... Never had a service call quite that far away before.. ;)
  • compuease wrote: »
    If you still can't figure it out perhaps I can remote in to you... Never had a service call quite that far away before.. ;)

Thanks for the offer. You know me and computers, like oil and water. I will set something up next week.

Brent