Who's handy with media files

Anyone in the local area able to record the two games on Sun and make them into an avi/mp3/mp4/wma for me?

Sutherland Cup Best of Seven Series on Rogers TV! - Waterloo Region - Rogers TV

Comments

• I am interested in helping you out but not sure if I can.

First off, the guide doesn't show these games...is it possible they are only showing in Cambridge (I'm in Kitchener)?

Second, assuming they are actually on and the guide is just wrong, my only option is to burn these onto a DVD burner. After that, getting them off the DVD and into digital video file form is not too bad but might be a bit slow. After that, I have no idea how to get the files to you over the Internet. My upload speeds are crap. mp4s would be hundreds of megabytes and would take a long time, even assuming I had somewhere to put them online.

So internet video likely a no-go but if you want to pop over and pick up the DVDs, that would be fine by me. I live near Fischer-Hallman and Huron, about 15 mins from your house using the back roads. PM me if interested and we can work it out.

TL;DR only read this whole post if you are Moose.
  • yeah burn on a dvd is good. i assume it's because the guide comes out over a week in advance and the schedule was only released on Wed.

In Windsor all w/e so will try and arrange a pick up on Mon or if you are interested we can meet up and go see the Tues game live.

If those don't work out and you have hotmail, you could try uploading to your skydrive and giving me the link.
  • Right now my upload speed seems to be hitting a huge 0.5 MBps, so uploading hundreds of megabytes anywhere would be painful. For sure I will record the DVDs and then we can figure it out. I will send you a PM once I have them.

If someone else has a video capture card and wants to record these to digital video, feel free to volunteer!