Gg summerall

Anyone who is a Cowboys fan or a fan of the Master will always remember his voice. He was simply one of the best with the likes of Jack Buck and Vin Scully. It was never the same when John Madden was joined by Al Michaels. It seems the best broadcasters know what to say and when to say it to allow you to enjoy the moment and Summerall was one of the best it it.

Cowboys games were never the same without, maybe that is why they haven't one since you left.

Comments

• Yeah, he was one of the best. RIP
  • One of the greatest voices of any generation.
  • Summerall, with the possible exception of Keith Jackson, was the best voice for Football I ever heard.
  • I would say there was Howard Cosell and then there was everyone else...however of the everyone else Summerall was easily among the best.

Near the end of his career I'm not sure if it was health related or alcohol induced but he went "Bob Cole". Constantly screwing up players names, positions, situations etc. At his peak though he was a true gem with Madden.

Al Michaels is doing a hell of a job in becoming "the" voice of the NFL these days.
  • Michaels will be, if he isn't already, the next "great" voice of the NFL. Cosell's greatness was not limited by only doing football, which is why I did mention him. Cosell was a generalist who could speak with equal knowledge on a host of sports, and in some he was encyclopedic (boxing).
  • I associate Cosell more with boxing and Wide World of Sports. But he was good on Monday Night Football as well. Iconic moment, death of John Lennon.