Durham region cash games!

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forums but not new to poker. I currently live in Durham Region. I am looking for cash games in Pickering, Ajax, Whitby, Oshawa, and Bowmanville. I want to become a Professional poker player and I feel like I have the necessary skills needed to succeed in this profession. If there are any like-minded people looking to improve and know of any cash games let me know.

Comments

• Negoti8 wrote: »
    I want to become a Professional poker player and I feel like I have the necessary skills needed to succeed in this profession.
    Sorry, 8 years too late...:(
  • Why do you say that?
    Why do you say that?
    Yes, please explain.
  • Negativity is contagious Piggy. We can do anything we put our minds to! Nothing is impossible, compuease is not a pro so how can he tell us we're late for anything.
    Negativity is contagious Piggy. We can do anything we put our minds to! Nothing is impossible, compuease is not a pro so how can he tell us we're late for anything.
    Best of luck to you sir!
    If I hear of any poker games in that area, then I will pass it on to you.
    Negativity is contagious Piggy. We can do anything we put our minds to! Nothing is impossible, compuease is not a pro so how can he tell us we're late for anything.
    I beg your pardon, lol... Let me know how your turning pro aspirations work out in a couple of years.. Don't forget ok?
  • What's your logically explanation for saying we're 8 years too late? I would appreciate if you tell me cause it just doesn't make sense. Anyone can make a negative statement but without reason, why say it? I'm in my early 20's and I've profited $10,000 since I started whilst making $100,000 at my present occupation. I can attain knowledge faster than the average human. If I spend 5 straight years learning and still be in my mid 20's, I know for a fact I will be pro. Anyways, you're probably some old man who couldn't make it. Have a positive and happy life my friend.
  • kids... Oh to have that pie eyed optimism... You do realize how different the game is now than it was during it's growth period don't you? Too many better players chasing less recreational dollars...

So what have you won? Is it all online or are their live wins included?

$10K over 4-5 years is not a lot, although much better than losing.. If you have been playing for 5 years you must have noticed a big change, correct?

and Chinese is where it's at.. Learn it and perhaps you can be part of the next wave....;)

darb? ?
  • Im more interested in why someone who makes 100k a year in their mid 20s has any want to grind live cash games.

Im about finished after just a few hours with these people.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »

Im about finished after just a few hours with these people.

Lol
  • I've won $10k in live tournaments and live cash games in 8 months. I've only started playing 8 months ago. The reason I want to play poker for a living is because I want to travel the world and set my own hours. Live the life! I actually love playing poker and it's not just the money otherwise why sacrifice my career. I believe you can be an astronaut if you wanted to compuease, if you put in the work and dedication. I do understand what you're saying compuease and I appreciate the information. In terms of the changes, in every profession there are major and minor changes. It comes down to how you adapt and how you can separate your self from the average so you can attain the expert level. Practice, patience, and numerous hours of retaining knowledge will eventually propel you to greatness no matter what you set your mind to. Also, very interesting how you mentioned to learn Chinese. Could you elaborate on that a bit more. Thank you.