Reorganize the Ontario poker section of the forum

There has been some suggestion that we rework/reorganize the Ontario Poker section to better represent the area. Please post your thoughts and ideas here and perhaps we can come to a consensus. If you feel it is fine the way it is please voice those thoughts as well..

Comments

• Leave the Ching Hill sub-forum alone. Other sub -fora would be as follows"

GTA - self-explanatory
    Golden Horseshoe - Hamilton, Burlington, Oakville.
    KW (Tri-Cities?) - Guelph, Cambridge, K-W
    Eastern Ontario - anything east of Markham.

Just a quick thought.
  • It's fine
  • Huh, I tend to think it's fine, but what were others thinking needed reworking? Obviously geography?
  • Based on the sheer number of members and posts from KW, one would think they'd have a KW forum.
  • Being in between KW and Toronto, sometimes I'm interested in both games and miss games because of the categories.

It should be sorted into Tournaments and Cash Games, in my opinion, there aren't enough Ontario games for each to need their own forum.

But if that's too much work, or people disagree, I think Mississauga/Brampton should be combined into one.
  • Keep it the way it is or get rid of all the subforums.
  • I would like to see is a better geographic division in Sub-Forums : Ontario Poker including York Region, and Peel Region etc. Currently you have Brampton and Mississauga listed separately (both are Peel Region) and you have nothing for the North East of the GTA.
  • Buzzzardd wrote: »
    Keep it the way it is or get rid of all the subforums.

This
  • Region of Halton
    Region of Peel
    Region of York
    Toronto
    Region of Durham
    Regional of Waterloo
    etc.
  • My two cents:

Get rid of all the subforums. Use a unique post icon to represent each region. Could also give Buzzard and STR82ACE unique icons to represents their league/tourneys, if you wanted.

When making a thread, the author clicks the appropriate icon and it appears beside the thread on the list page. Makes it easy to see which threads are from which area.
  • If you are going to recognize some leagues separately then I think you should do them all IE YRPL, OPT etc. But I don't think this should be the case sub-forums by Region should be sufficient. I understand that others have been around for a long time but this forum should be adapting to a growing and changing market.
  • .....also

Tone down the "upcoming events" at the top of my page. This Toronto poker ace club has an event everyday so the list is huge
  • BrianS wrote: »
    .....also

Tone down the "upcoming events" at the top of my page. This Toronto poker ace club has an event everyday so the list is huge

FYI, you can just click on the little arrow (upper right corner of the upcoming events section) to close it, then presto no more issue..
  • Better yet, change your shortcut to this:

http://www.pokerforum.ca/search.php?do=getnew