JJ postflop

Hey thanks in advance for your time. Just looking for some feedback on a play I made today at a $1/$2 live game. I was on the button with JJ and raised to $12 pre flop into 5 limpers. SB called, and 2 of the limpers. SB played about 20% of hands and was not overly aggressive. I had seen him bet draws fairly heavy, and call large bets chasing as well. We had approximately equal stacks of $200.

Flop is 10d 7h Jd. SB donks $60 into the ~$50 pot, and the limpers fold. I contemplated if he had flopped a straight for a few seconds, and then shoved. He thought for a while and eventually folded QQ.

I am wondering if this play was ok, or if I should have flat called, and got it in on the turn if it wasn't too scary of a card.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated, and thanks again for taking the time!

Comments

• Hulk smash that flop

You don't say how much back you had, but Top set? Ram jam damn IMO

Mark
  • Lol thanks for your input! i had 205 back so i shoved that into the 90... I was happy to get the money in, im just wondering if I missed some value by not slowplaying or raising smaller or something.
  • Snap Jam the flop, but I prob make it a little more then $12 prob like $20 since they don't fold, but ya I'm snap jamming the flop and fist pumping, his never donking a straight there I don't think...
  • He flatted QQ from the SB and then over bet the pot on the flop? Follow that guy around!

Given your stack sizes, your play is fine. A looser cannon would have paid you off, you just got 'unlucky' to smash the flop against a rock.
  • You have to jam the flop. There aren't many cards you'll be happy to see on the turn (basically only non-diamond cards smaller then 5). Given the stack sizes there isn't any other option.