For the first time in my life ...

I walked into a room and I wasn't one of the top five players. In my college I made it to the semi finals and lost to the eventual champion. In seminary, I was the best. And the young offenders jail I worked I was the champ among staff and residents 3 years running.

Today, one of the parents invited my to their ping pong club. The only guy I could be was the other white guy in the room. Even as I looked around the other tables, the matches that were going on ... I don't think I will ever be able to play like I once did. My legs feel like jello and my elbow is sore. My forehand was missing by 3 inches and my serve well lets just say it was lacking.

Maybe if I had time to play everyday, I could find my form. It is true what they say. The heart is willing but the body just ain't there anymore.

Off to bed. Have to wake up early and see Tiger win his 8th Bay Hill Invitational tomorrow before school starts.

Comments

• It happens to us all, Champ.
  • Milo wrote: »
    It happens to us all, Champ.

Not me...

Oh wait.. I assume you are meaning table tennis Brent... Was pretty good at it myself, but somewhere the skills left me.. Maybe someday when (if) you come back to Canada we could have an old guys tournament...

Keep on ducking them shells..