Later all, it's been great

2»

Comments

• Okay . . . it's time for this old chestnut . . .

Shane, Come Back! - Shane (8/8) Movie CLIP (1953) HD - YouTube
  • Had the pleasure to meet up with Dave a couple of times. Great guy, and goodluck on future plans.

If ur ever in the snowy republic of YEG again, give me a buzz.

And, btw, this is always the best decision IMO when you've lost your passion for anything....poker or otherwise.

And I hope you meet a random asian chick to help you transition.
  • I don't know, guys. I think the pedestal is getting pretty high. Careful, GTA doesn't fall off.

To GTA, best wishes for all your future endeavours.
  • GTA, it's just like a hot girl: I hate to see you go but I love to watch you walk away.

That's exactly how I meant it :D

Also, to see someone come to self realization and leave something before it becomes a negative in their life can only be described as a positive.
  • I rarely comment, or visit the forum that regularly, but when I did, I enjoyed Gta's contributions, comments, advice and humour more than most. I guess he won't see this since he's been gone a while already, but in case he does, good game and good luck.

I hope whatever consumes your time going forward is as enjoyable to you as poker once was.

sstar
  • I say knock the asian chick up, get the kid into rep soccer. Then you won't have any free time for poker.
  • Wow...good luck Dave. I have felt the same and as some of you know I also left the forum for around a year over pretty much the same sentiments.

When I cam back my poker mindset had changed. I still take the game seriously but am not about profit and leveling.

This is just a social forum and an escape from work for 15 minutes.
  • I, for one, am expecting a costanza-style return in a few days/weeks.

If so, nicely trolled. If not, all the best.
  • Well, I peeked. This is my first look at the forum since my OP. Thanks everyone for the sentiments. I haven't played a hand of poker since I posted the OP. Likely the longest I've not played since my first hand 10-11 years ago. I have lots of positive but time consuming changes going on lately. I think I finally found a place I will love (both work and location) after being in California for over a year with lots of ups and downs personally and professionally. For the first time in a while I am excited about the opportunities that wait in front of me. I may start playing again at some point after I get settled in a month or two, but until then I probably won't be back on here and I still won't be playing.

Honestly, the only thing that makes me want to check in once in a while are the good people that are on here...poker or not.

And, I fuckin' won the season of NHL 98.
  • Your buddy fed has been banned again, this time for life. Good to hear your doing well.
  • Uh oh I see another ban coming.
  • Horatio wrote: »
    STFU piggy!!!

:arghh:

Reported . . .
  • Milo wrote: »
    Reported . . .

+1
  • Really? Cause mine was sarcasm . . .
    Really? Cause mine was sarcasm . . .

You forgot the /sarcasm at the end.

Asshole.

/sarcasm
    Really? Cause mine was sarcasm . . .

I don't even know how to report someone. Lol
  • Kincardine? hmm, very suspicious... bye.. Whatever happened to you being good buddies with our forum owner?
  • come to Vegas and we can play for rolls :)
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    wait for it

Let me see, fed and GTA have both been gone for about the same time, they re-appear again the same day...??? Something funny here? ;)
  • compuease wrote: »
    Let me see, fed and GTA have both been gone for about the same time, they re-appear again the same day...??? Something funny here? ;)

Like minds think alike? Ooooh, if GTA sees that he's going to GTA on me pretty harshly I think.