On may Way to work today ...

With all that is happening on this side of the world. North Korea making threats, Obama saying he isn't afraid of them. USA having 3000 troops practicing and doing drills with the south Korean army. It was a little surreal to see a convoy of tanks rolling down the street out side my school. Even as I sit here writing this, shells are going off and the windows are rattling as they continue to practice. In case you didn't know, I am about from Oshawa to Kitchener 1h 45 minutes away from the border of north Korea. I am hoping if they do start firing missiles for real, there target is Seoul which is an 1 1/2 away.

Hope the kids can concentrate today. I know I am having a hard time doing it.

Comments

• Here's hoping its all just showboating by the north and that nothing will come of it. That part of the world is just unruly at best, and I truly hope nothing happens.

Hang in there Brent. All our thoughts are with you and your kids over there.
  • Godspeed Brent . . . and if he's keeping an eye out, then the kook up north will come to his senses in a few more days.
  • Gotta be unnerving Brent, I would be on the first plane outa there...

How's the mood there? Are people really thinking something could happen?
  • compuease wrote: »
    Gotta be unnerving Brent, I would be on the first plane outa there...

How's the mood there? Are people really thinking something could happen?

They all just believe it is posturing at this point. Kids seem unfazed by it even though the shelling is going on non stop. Recess is over, back to class.
  • Good luck, Brent . . . keeping a figurative candle lit, just in case.
  • could you just not sneak across fire off a few shots and be done with this?

I'm with comp. though, grab a flight home.
  • Milo wrote: »
    Godspeed Brent . . . and if he's keeping an eye out, then the kook up north will come to his senses in a few more days.

Jeez Milo you racist prick. Just because Kim Jong whathisface is a little nuts.....oh you said kook.

;)
  • It is 2:30 pm here. The shelling has stop. We will see what happens tomorrow.
  • It is 2:30 pm here. The shelling has stop. We will see what happens tomorrow.

Must be time for Young and Restless. Dear Leader loves his soaps, don't you know . . .
  • when i was in south korea was when north korea came out and said they were going to start making nukes and practice firing them off. they also started threatening the states again and threatening to bomb the south if they kept helping the states. media was going nuts. my parents were freaking out saying i have to come home right away. however, all the south koreans could have cared less. the common response i got was "they threaten to bomb us all the time. nothing will happen."
  • http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/22/world/asia/north-korea-threatens-us-military-bases-in-the-pacific.html?_r=0

It is Saturday here and I came to the school to get some work done. All week long there was shelling and machine gun fire as the USA and south Koreans went through a whole lot of practice. I am guessing they take weekends off because it is very peaceful today.
  • Be safe Brent.
  • I am guessing they take weekends off because it is very peaceful today.

Part time wars fwiw... Keep your head down Brent... Remember your taller that most of those Koreans...