Day to Day Things Where US>Canada and Vice Versa

Not talking about health care, the weather or the moronity of GDub...but trivial shit like this:

USA>Canada:

Trader Joe's and Sprouts are the nuts (grocery stores which are primarily West Coast methinks)

Whatchamacallit chocolate bars

Honey Nut Cornflakes

Donut Shops tend to be small places that still seem to bake fresh every day

Retail clothing stores have 10* more selection

I would say cost of living, but Cali kind of negates that

Canada>USA:

Donut shops tend to close (in Cali) by late afternoon (seen more as a coffee/breakfast thing, I assume)

Not many drive-through donut shops in USA

Swiss Chalet

Harvey's

Coffee Crisp

Comments

• USA>Canada

Hersey's Chocolate Syrup
    SuperBowl commercials
    Abundance of high level College/University sports

Canada>USA
    Ketchup potato chips

That is all.
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    USA>Canada

Hersey's Chocolate Syrup
    SuperBowl commercials
    Abundance of high level College/University sports

Canada>USA
    Ketchup potato chips

That is all.

You can't get Hershey's Chocolate Syrup in Canada?
  • USA>Canada
    The level of debauchery you can attain in Las Vegas
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    You can't get Hershey's Chocolate Syrup in Canada?

Nope.

Brown Cow used to be our equivalent, but it hasn't been available here for like 10 years.
  • Canada > USA

Kinder Eggs
  • Canada >> USA = Butter tarts.
  • US>Canada
    Cheesecake Factory
    Cherry Coke Zero

Canada>US
    Swiss Chalet
    Smarties (way better than regular M&Ms IMO)

Wish we still had Honey Nut Cheerios in Canada...don't get why they stopped selling them.
  • You can't get Smarties in the US?
  • USA>>>CANADA

skoal (both in quality, and its 80% cheaper)

booze (obv)

dunkin donuts (for some reason I really love their coffee)

canada >>>>> USA

decadent cookies
  • Canada>USA
    rockets>smarties

WTF?

smarties.jpg
  • Canada>USA
    I don't have to worry about who at my cash game has a concealed carry permit.
  • Canada>USA

Our monopoly money

Can't believe nobody's mentioned caesars yet (the drink).
  • For Ontario .... Olive garden.
  • Canada>USA

Our monopoly money

Can't believe nobody's mentioned caesars yet (the drink).

Ceasars are a waste of good Vodka . . . you, sir, are not allowed near my liquor until you repent.
  • Milo wrote: »
    Ceasars are a waste of good Vodka . . . you, sir, are not allowed near my liquor until you repent.

You don't have to use the 'good' vodka, add a spicy Chinese pickled green bean and you've got one hell of a drink.
  • You don't have to use the 'good' vodka, add a spicy Chinese pickled green bean and you've got one hell of a drink.

If I had a dog like Ace, you would not even be allowed on the driveway. Why would I buy "bad" Vodka?
  • You don't have to use the 'good' vodka, add a spicy Chinese pickled green bean and you've got one hell of a drink.

Totally with Bill on this one.

A tasty pre dinner drink that american bloody mary's can't hold a candle to.
    If I had a dog like Ace, you would not even be allowed on the driveway. Why would I buy "bad" Vodka?

Let's be honest, being a cat lover, if you had a dog like Ace you wouldn't be allowed on the driveway after about one hour:D. Just use an 'average' vodka man, and diminish the polar thinking. Caesars are yummy, but can't be an all day long thing..
  • Totally with Bill on this one.

A tasty pre dinner drink that american bloody mary's can't hold a candle to.

I've never understood the bloody mary. I've tried and tried to like them. I just can't.

Wife just reminded me that recently we had a 'horse radish' added Caesar version that I'd totally forgotten about. My god man, it was incredible. Again, in moderation. Pre food, incredible.
  • [x] Caesars are yummy
  • Canada Wins:
    Beer, of course - how did nobody mention this?
    Chesterfields vs Sofas
    Cherry Blossoms

US Wins:
    Restaurant Portions
    Checkers Burgers
    Tailgating
  • Canada obv wins strip clubs
  • Card Dead wrote: »
    Canada Wins:
    Beer, of course - how did nobody mention this?
    Chesterfields vs Sofas
    Cherry Blossoms

US Wins:
    Restaurant Portions
    Checkers Burgers
    Tailgating

Re : Chesterfields vs Sofas
    I think 90% of people here say Couch
  • Let's be honest, being a cat lover, if you had a dog like Ace you wouldn't be allowed on the driveway after about one hour:D. Just use an 'average' vodka man, and diminish the polar thinking. Caesars are yummy, but can't be an all day long thing..

Hey . . . I am snobby about my Vodkas . . . it's my thing. some folks are like that with wine, or beer, or scotch. but yeah, the whole dog thing? I know who the bitch would be in that scenario . . . :D

and Ned, Canada only beats the US in the mass produced beer category. There are plenty of micro-brewers in the States who will floor you with the quality of their product.
    Hey . . . I am snobby about my Vodkas . . . it's my thing. some folks are like that with wine, or beer, or scotch. but yeah, the whole dog thing? I know who the bitch would be in that scenario . . . :D

and Ned, Canada only beats the US in the mass produced beer category. There are plenty of micro-brewers in the States who will floor you with the quality of their product.

Yes, many more regional microbrews than Canada. Although, these days you can likely get good microbrews anywhere...which ones just depend on your location. Plenty of great ones from BC available in AB.
  • USA>CANADA
    Milk in 1 gallon bottles rather than 1.3 Litre bags that run out after 3 glasses.
  • No way. Gallon jugs suck.
  • Those bags don't exist in AB...maybe just an ON/QC thing
  • Plastic jugs blow . . . had to buy on once at a convenience store when we ran out. Milk tasted funny . . . never again.
  • canada > us

ice tea. who the fuck rather have regular tea with ice in it? that is just crazy.