Saint Patty's Poker Tourney this Saturday

Greetings friends :)

Wanted to let y'all know about a charity poker tourney happening downtown T.O. this Saturday afternoon. $40 buy-in (to pot) and $20 unlimited re-buys (to charity)

Game starts at 2pm. Registration starts at 1pm OR you can pre-register online (for free or pre-pay, your choice). All pre-registrants will be entered to win a Creemore prize pack.

Please message me for registration link and any additional details!

Comments

• I'll give you the same cautionary post that everyone else gets . . . you may wish to remove the location from your post. Save that information for private contacts off-line. This is most likely not a legal event (it's charity angle notwithstanding), and you might wish to minimize your risk of getting shut down.

And no, I am not joking, just trying to be helpful.
  • Hi Milo,

I very much appreciate the friendly warning; however this is very much a legal event run by a registered charity and third-party gambling company (Poker Pigs)

Cheers! :)

Vee
  • Vee, I'll send you a PM regarding charity tournaments as this has been discussed on the forum many, many times.

Very detailed PM sent.

I wish you the best of luck with your tourney and hope you raise a ton of money for your charity.
  • Vee, if that is the case you can add the charity license # to the OP and you'll be fine. If there is no # to post, you better read the PM Bill sends you closely.

Regardless, I wish you success . . .
  • Thanks Bill and again Milo! Sorry for being ignorant about general protocol - I'm clearly new here *blushes*

I'm really helping my friend to promote, as I work in event promo for live entertainment. Anyway, I will definitely get the charity # off him and provide that! Knowing it was a legit event, the gambling laws didn't even cross my mind given I'm not used to promoting these events.

Thanks again guys
  • Check your private messages.
  • No problem, we are happy to help out new members. Charity tournies go on all the time. More often than not they go off without a hitch. But that does not mean that the occasional event does not receive a "friendly word" from the authorities that they should not proceed. The less "noise" your party makes, the less likely you are to attract unwanted attention.

Good luck
  • Checked your link . . . is Four Squares affiliated with Michael Clemons in any way? I remember listening to him on the Fan590, talking about his charity that is building schools in Africa, and I am curious if they are one and the same.
  • I honestly couldn't tell you...I only very recently got involved in spreading the word about this event and am not all that involved with the charity itself. I can find out, though! It's a definite possibility as I do recall high profile sponsors being on board for prior events.
  • They (member Adam E.) advertised their charity tourneys on the forum in the past. Same location, etc.
  • Look at that...you know more than I do! LOL

Alright, I guess they are aware then and are willing to take the risk. That's a bit of a relief for me for sure!
  • Welcome to the site, by the way . . .
  • Hi Vee, welcome to the forum

if you promote as good as you look, im sure the event will be a smash!

:)