Internet Explorer 10 for Windows 7

Finally out, should go a long way to solving some issues with 9.. Give it a try and please go through the education on how to get the most out of it...

Internet Explorer - Microsoft Windows

Comments

• Ever since being introduced to Firefox, I've never looked back. However, you've been the one to assure me that having this installed and updated as well is never a bad idea in terms of security. Will check it out over the next few days.
  • compuease wrote: »
    Finally out, should go a long way to solving some issues with 9.. Give it a try and please go through the education on how to get the most out of it...

Internet Explorer - Microsoft Windows

Obvious flaws in your statements:

1. 10th release, yet there were still issues after release 9, WTF? Seriously how many tries does it take?
    2. Honestly a browser that you need to go through 'education' to figure out how to use it?

Fail.
  • moose wrote: »

1. 10th release, yet there were still issues after release 9, WTF? Seriously how many tries does it take?
    2. Honestly a browser that you need to go through 'education' to figure out how to use it?

Fail.

You are basically just uninformed... fail right back... You think there aren't issues with chrome or firefox...? get real...

From a real world view in the past year we have seen far more people getting trojans and other spyware variants using firefox as their default browser than either chrome or IE... Now it's also true that coincides with a large growth in the firefox user base. Whatever is most popular is what is attacked, plain and simple...

FYI, I use all three since I need to stay current. :)

and by the way, isn't firefox up to 18 now? Is that supposed to mean something?
  • Torch baby, got rid of both, IE and Firefox. best move I made with the internet.
  • Torch baby, got rid of both, IE and Firefox. best move I made with the internet.

And why is he speaking with an accent?

LOL

Miss you and your games here

Milton Slim

Well if you can stand the interface and slower browsing speed, I guess. It is a little used browser so that fact would make it less of a target for the spyware writers I guess.

And look guys, I didn't create this thread to argue the merits of which browser to use, only to inform...
  • You're a Microsoft schill. Admit it.
  • people still use internet explorer?

Yes, it means that Mozilla was innovating while Microsoft sat on older versions of IE forever. It hasn't been until IE9 that they've even come close to having a modern, usable browser with features that people want.
  • IE is a bag of shit for anyone developing a site with anything beyond basic functionality. It is incredibly buggy and has not complied with so many past protocols that it breaks many existing sites. And forget the poor bastard who wants cross compatability between IE and the others.....

FF, Safari, chrome, all have an acceptable amount of bugs but I'm ready to throttle the designers and developers of IE's 9 and 10.

That is all.
  • SuitedPair wrote: »
    IE is a bag of shit for anyone developing a site with anything beyond basic functionality. It is incredibly buggy and has not complied with so many past protocols that it breaks many existing sites. And forget the poor bastard who wants cross compatability between IE and the others.....

FF, Safari, chrome, all have an acceptable amount of bugs but I'm ready to throttle the designers and developers of IE's 9 and 10.

That is all.
    Have you even spoken to a real web developer of consequence? Or are you just prattling on with what Microsoft bashers love to do? That is all...

compuease wrote: »

holychow wrote: »
    Yes, it means that Mozilla was innovating while Microsoft sat on older versions of IE forever. It hasn't been until IE9 that they've even come close to having a modern, usable browser with features that people want.

So who's right, Moose by making fun of Microsoft for having 10 releases and not being innovative or holychow claiming that 18 releases for firefox shows they are innovative? You can't have it both ways...>:D
    Have you even spoken to a real web developer of consequence? Or are you just prattling on with what Microsoft bashers love to do? That is all...

LOL, only for you will I give more,

I'm a BSA on a very large build with developers from students to engineering fellows on it. not follower prattle but hard experience that is creating unnecessary overruns. /
  • SuitedPair wrote: »
    LOL, only for you will I give more,

I'm a BSA on a very large build with developers from students to engineering fellows on it. not follower prattle but hard experience that is creating unnecessary overruns. /
    Damn, had a long rebuttal typed out and accidentally closed the tab... lol, wish I could invent a browser that would prevent that.. I would make a million...

Anyways, BSA = the software alliance?

My experience, not necessarily personally, but through a number of web hosters and coders is quite different. One, my son actually, writes ecommerce functionality for the Amanda software that most North American municipal governments use to manage their business operations. This is real world web application that depends on reliable functionality and consistency.

My other informed input would be from the guys at Sunny Oasis who have a fairly large web hosting and web design operation out of Georgetown and Ottawa.

Both have strong preferences for IE, (especially over Chrome which seems to regularily break links in ecommerce sites). City of Markham, whom my son works for, have banned Chrome from any city pc's because of it.

Firefox, and good old Netscape before it, was always my favorite browser for the longest time however since about IE7, the advantages of Firefox have pretty well dissipated for me personally, although I still use it out of habit and feelings of comfort..

As I said before I didn't create this thread to discuss the merits of which browser is better. This discussion will never have a clear winner as it is very much a situational thing..

The reason I see IE getting blamed the most is on pc's rife with spyware and Trojans, believe me when I say this, IE10 on a clean system is virtually foolproof for real world everyday business apps.
  • Comp is old -- he's all penny-whistles, moon-pies and explorers

Us kids like our Chrome while we keepin' it realz on the down lowzz

YOLO, peace
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    Comp is old -- he's all penny-whistles, moon-pies and explorers
    Nice to see you back... You forgot frisbees.:D

Your 2nd sentence was oh so true...
  • Business Systems Analyst - hybrid of a Business Analyst and someone who can get in there and muck with code when necessary.

oh, and spot on with Chrome. We don't list it as supported for the functionality we are building.

ah, the good old days of netscape, the memories.
  • i totally miss netscape! those were the days. bring back ICQ while we're at it. fuck messenger!

just to be clear, i have no web coding experience (beyond the basics i taught myself). all i know is if i want to use a web browser that doesn't crash constantly i will choose practically anything over IE. it would freeze and crash so often that i finally convinced the gf to switch to firefox.
    Damn, had a long rebuttal typed out and accidentally closed the tab... lol, wish I could invent a browser that would prevent that.. I would make a million...

Just tried this on Chrome.

I clicked quote post on your post. Starting typing a response. Closed the tab. Opened a new tab. Went to 'Recently closed' at the bottom right. Selected the tab I had just closed. My reply was recovered.

For the record, I don't know if this would have been possible in IE, I don't use that browser unless I absolutely have to.
  • g2 wrote: »

I clicked quote post on your post. Starting typing a response. Closed the tab. Opened a new tab. Went to 'Recently closed' at the bottom right. Selected the tab I had just closed. My reply was recovered.

For the record, I don't know if this would have been possible in IE, I don't use that browser unless I absolutely have to.

Damn, I just learned something... And to think I thought I knew everything..;) IE10 has the same sort of thing, right click on any open tab and on that menu is a choice to open recently closed tabs... First time I've noticed it, wonder when it was added? Thanks g2...

edit: Just found out that it also works in IE8... 4yrs that has been there and I didn't know...:-[

oh snap

comp u been declerated son
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    oh snap

comp u been declerated son

Nope, but we are never too old to learn, that's what keeps one young old man... And I learned that IE is even better than I thought.. and has been for a long time..^-^
  • Best thing about comp's advanced age is we can teach this all over again to him next week.
  • I use IE, and I have never had issues (well, those issues are different, lets stay on track) with it. Are you all using so much of your PCs capabilities at all times that this techno-weenie stuff actually makes a difference? Or is this just the computer geek version of hockey nerds arguing Gretzky vs. Orr?
    Best thing about comp's advanced age is we can teach this all over again to him next week.

Teach me what all over again?
  • Milo wrote: »
    hockey nerds arguing Gretzky vs. Orr?

No argument. Gretzky. Like jolting Joe, has records that will never be broken. Changed the game of hockey forever. Including making it popular in California.
  • See?!? Even a smart guy like Brent can get it wrong on occasion, as Orr is cleraly the correct answer.

CTRL-SHIFT-T will re-open the most recently closed tab, with full recovery I believe

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    CTRL-SHIFT-T will re-open the most recently closed tab, with full recovery I believe

Mark
    Man, this place is a wealth of info... Works just fine in IE... Thanks.. Now if only I can remember that..:D
  • I only just found out about it like a month ago.... seriously great feature.

Mark