Chop / no chop?

How do you handle the proposal of chopping at the final table or once ITM?

I often see the one that doesn't want to chop is the next one to take the bullet. Or if there is someone dominate chip leader, then they are not likely to want to chop.
Sometimes someone has just had enough and happy to cash, maybe its been a long tournament and it is late.
I've had some success lately and never know how to deal with the proposal of chopping.
Part of me always wants to play it out, if i'm chip leader I'm the favourite or if shorter stack there's a challenge at hand. Plus chopping doesn't allow you to work on heads up play.

Comments

• I will occasionally offer to chop when playing on the Hill. Sometimes the game runs late, and our genial host may not be playing by this point, so I do it more as a courtesy to the host. The amount of money is not life changing for any of us, so why not?

That would be the only time I would offer a chop.
  • Depends if it is a straight chop or a discussed deal. Straight chop no unless even in chips and it has become bingo poker. Most times I have made deals because after playing for 3 days I have had an idea of what I wanted to make so if it is around that I am satisfied. I don't play enough to take no deals or chops if offered at the right price.

Having said that I will not initiate the discussion I have always mediated it.