Out in 34th today Brantford Deepstack

I was down to $8000 in chips and had managed to win a few all-ins and recover my stack to around $50,000 in less than 1/2 hr..it was a good rush when in LP and blinds at $1000/$2000 with antes $300 I was dealt:

Kc Kh

folded around to me and I popped it up to $6500

SB folds and BB calls.

Flop: Jc Qc Kh

BB bets out around $12000

I shoved all-in around $43000

After a minute or so BB calls (he has me covered but, not by a whole lot) and turns over 7c 10c

Turn is 2s

River is 5c and I'm done in 34th

If my set holds here I would have had over 100K in chips and the average was around 30K.

Question is, should I be raising more here considering the ante size? At the time we were playing 9 handed ...

Comments

• You raised too much pre with antes, but I do not know the table dynamics.

Was that your std raise (over 3x) or was that the table standard?

Pot is 71k after your shove and he has to call 31k. I think he has to call at that point.esp if he puts you on AK (which most would)
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    You raised too much pre with antes, but I do not know the table dynamics.

Was that your std raise (over 3x) or was that the table standard?

Pot is 71k after your shove and he has to call 31k. I think he has to call at that point.esp if he puts you on AK (which most would)

I tend to vary my PF raises between 2.5 - 3.5x depending on the situation, table dynamics, and my stack size.

But when it comes to antes - what is a standard raise? Does it remain the same? Doesn't a standard raise give better implied odds to the caller? I guess I always thought it should be a little higher.
  • regardless of how it turned out for you....you always want a guy at your table, who calls your raise with 10/7 and then proceeds to donk bet....
  • So regardless of antes in MTT's, PF raises should be lower because of stack to blind ratios? Is this because of effective stack size decreasing as tournament progresses?

How do we account for the dead money in the pot? Or do we just ignore it?

Thanks..