Charity Poker Tournament Toronto March 16th

Hi everybody! Just announcing a charity poker tournament on Saturday March 16th at The Rhino Restaurant & Bar, 1249 Queen St. West, 2nd Floor. The tournament is brought to you by 'The 4 Squares & A Roof Foundation'. Tournament directors by 'Poker Pigs Charity Poker Tournaments'. $40.00 Buy-In. ALL Buy-In goes to the prize pool! Pre-Registration and information at:

The 4 Squares & A Roof Foundation

Registration/Buy-In starts at 1pm
Game starts at 2pm

Hope to see you there!

Comments

• Charitable license #?
  • Hi Milo,

We are a Registered Ontario Non-Profit Corporation (001810762) with a license to operate as a charity (issued by the Ministry of Government Services) in the Province of Ontario.

This event is in benefit of 'Build A School In Africa In.' a USA based charity. Their Tax ID number is 030406505.

Hope this helps!
  • cut them some slack, its for charity.
  • A little funny that it was assumed they didn't have the licenses but with in 20 minutes of the question answers provided.
  • Jacen299 wrote: »
    A little funny that it was assumed they didn't have the licenses but with in 20 minutes of the question answers provided.

There's no such thing as a charitable license for a poker tourney. They provided the charitable tax # for the charity itself. That's a different thing altogether.

Sadly, the info can be found here:
    Criminal Code of Canada, R.S., 1985, c. C-46, s. 197
    http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/a.../FullText.html

Alcohol & Gaming Commission of Ontario,
    Types of Charitable Gaming Lottery Licences
    http://www.agco.on.ca/en/services/ty...table_CNO.aspx

That being said, I hope they have a great tourney and raise a ton of $. If we weren't so moronic in this province, we'd make these legal and there wouldn't be concern.
  • That being said, I hope they have a great tourney and raise a ton of $. If we weren't so moronic in this province, we'd make these legal and there wouldn't be concern.
    +1
  • Hi there.

Just a clarification on the way I worded it. No your right, there is no charitable license for a poker toruney. What I was refering to is that my Non-Profit Corporation has a license to operate as a charity in Ontario. We are tax-exempt.