CET Caving on Resort Fees? (rumour)...

Strictly a rumour at this point...from Las Vegas Advisor:

February 21, 2013 10:21 CET Caving on Resort Fees?:
It was Wednesday afternoon that we first caught wind of a breaking story that Caesars Entertainment was pulling a complete volte-face and that after a long-running "no resort fees" campaign, which included having indignant showgirls from Jubilee! stopping Strip traffic to protest the iniquities of other hotels' mandatory nightly add-ons, not to mention former Peepshow star Holly Madison prominently displaying the "No Resort Fees!" rallying cry on the bosom of a custom t-shirt, the company would be implementing nightly resort fees ranging from $10-$25 at all of its Las Vegas properties, commencing on or shortly after March 1.

Some calls placed immediately to a number of CET-property front desks were consistently met with reactions ranging from bewildered ignorance of any such move, to passionate denial, and when calls and emails to both CET corporate PR and the Vegas.com blogger who originally posted the story went un-returned, we held off posting the story assuming official confirmation or denial would follow shortly. But not only did no response materialize from any source overnight, but today the blog entry in question has mysteriously vanished. There have, however, been other tangential indications that the story is legit. But in the ongoing absence of any official comment, we can only continue to report on the speculation. Watch this space for updates.

Comments

• It's been confirmed.....from Las Vegas Advisor...

• February 21, 2013 13:33 Caesars Ent. Speaks Out Re Fees: Here, verbatim, is the official statement from Caesars Entertainment corporate spokesman Gary Thompson, with regard to the rumored -- now confirmed -- introduction of resort fees at CET properties:

"Resort fees at Caesars Entertainment Las Vegas resorts will begin March 1st and vary based on resort ranging from $10-25 and offer a mix of amenities and services, including Wi-fi, local calls, and fitness center access. The resort fees are in line with standard practices by many resorts in Las Vegas and worldwide.

"Based on the current industry standards in the market and evaluation of the services our guests choose and use, a comprehensive package of bundled services and amenities proves to be the best and most meaningful value to our guests. This is in response to the increasing demand from our guests to provide a package price instead of the inconvenience of separate fees. We continue to do all we can to provide our guests with the best value, best products and best experiences in Las Vegas."

I'm planning a trip for April. Was originally looking at CET property (Harrah's) since they didn't have fees. I'm wondering if this is only for bookings after March 1st. Otherwise, I might as well try another property since I'm going to be hit with fees anyway (TI). Anyone know?
  • Pretty sure the price you book it as is the price you pay, they won't charge a surprise extra on top
  • TI will waivew your resort fees if yoou don't want the ameneties they are associated with - WI-FI, etc.
  • Well I booked at Bally's. Wish I had known about TI waiving fees before I booked...but I'm fine with Ballys given its location and such...plus I got a code that gave me 35% off since I'm staying 5 nights.

At the end of the day, it is a room to sleep in.
  • Card Dead wrote: »
    TI will waivew your resort fees if yoou don't want the ameneties they are associated with - WI-FI, etc.

Pardon the ignorant question, but what exactly are you getting with the resort fees and how much are they typically per night?

I've always stayed at a Harrahs propriety which doesn't charge resort fees.
  • TI's resort fees include:

• Free in room high speed Internet access
    • Free access to fitness center
    • Free 2-for-1 Buffet Lunch (Mon - Fri, 1 per stay)
    • Free 2-for-1 Cocktail (1 per stay)
    • Free daily local newspaper at Guest Services
    • Free admission to Nightclub (Thu - Sat)
    • Free VIP viewing for the Sirens of TI
    • Free in room local and toll free phone calls
    • Free printed airline boarding passes
    • Free copies and faxes (up to 10 pages)
    • $20 credit for future stay (1 per stay)
  • How much?

That doesn't seem that bad considering the Internet alone can be $15/day.
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    How much?

That doesn't seem that bad considering the Internet alone can be $15/day.

According to lasvegasadvisor.com, the fees for TI are $25 per night.
  • TI fees are currently $28 per night.
  • compuease wrote: »
    TI's resort fees include:

• Free in room high speed Internet access
    • Free access to fitness center
    • Free 2-for-1 Buffet Lunch (Mon - Fri, 1 per stay)
    • Free 2-for-1 Cocktail (1 per stay)
    • Free daily local newspaper at Guest Services
    • Free admission to Nightclub (Thu - Sat)
    • Free VIP viewing for the Sirens of TI
    • Free in room local and toll free phone calls
    • Free printed airline boarding passes
    • Free copies and faxes (up to 10 pages)
    • $20 credit for future stay (1 per stay)

Doesn't seem like a good offer.

lol, I didn't say it was a "good" offer...
  • Confirmed. Platinum and up pay no fees!

Harrahs
    09/01/2013 - 09/08/2013
    Nightly Rates
    SUN 09/01/13 $85.00
    MON 09/02/13 $40.00
    TUE 09/03/13 $40.00
    WED 09/04/13 $40.00
    THU 09/05/13 $40.00
    FRI 09/06/13 $135.00
    SAT 09/07/13 $135.00
    Avg. Per Night$73.57Subtotal$515.00*

Waived $18/NT DAILY RESORT FEE

Paris $20/n
    Flamingo $18/n
    Quad $10/n
    Rio $18
    Ballys $15
    Caesars $25
    PH $20

No fees at Caesar's Windsor yet.

Depenmds on how long you stay and what you use. I don't need any of the stuff on that list and I'm staying 5 nights.

Since many things are one-per-stay, I'm spending $125 for about a $50 value (to me).

If the wifey and I were staying for one or even two nights and I could still get all that stuff, then it might be worth it.