WPT Coming back Twice in 2013, TV for November

Going to be a big year with PartyPoker.net bringing back two World Poker Tour stops in Canada at Playground Poker Club for 2013

Here is Scoops letting me give you the "scoop" realtime:

PartyPoker.net Sets Sights Higher in 2013 with 2 Announced WPT Stops at Playground Poker Club

Details in the link but one in May, one late November

Comments

• Qualifiers for the WPT Montreal Spring Championship begin on PartyPoker.net March 11th.
  • If you're in Montreal we're also starting up a league on March 3 (Sunday) which will run for 6 weeks.

40 players, 6 weeks, you count your best 5/6 tournament finishes count for the overall standings. 4 WPT Seats available to the leaders in the "regular season" standings. Everyone else plays in a "Championship freeroll" for an additional 2 seats plus 2 satellite seats. $120 per week, players must commit to the whole league schedule to participate.
  • I was trying to get the jump on this, should have put in WPT section.

Possibility of a Mod moving it pretty please?
  • jontm wrote: »
    Qualifiers for the WPT Montreal Spring Championship begin on PartyPoker.net March 11th.

Are there any Euro WPT's satty's I can accidentally win and transfer to this?
  • Make it a challenge this time, ship an EPT and see if we can negotiate a swap.
  • Via Steve Kerr, full schedule now up under schedule tab here:

Montreal Poker | Playground Poker Club :: World Poker Tour

The last $135 re-entry got more than 1200 entries, they have added a Day 1c to the $3,300 and a 5k highroller which should be huge considering the names last November.
  • On satty seats aone this thing looks like a lock for six figure top prize. This could even hit 7???

http://www.pokerforum.ca/f10/wpt-satellites-playground-30193/

Fridays and Saturdays are always better, there are plenty of qualifiers at Playground besides the Mega Overlay as we all know, plus the online sats http://www.pokerforum.ca/f10/partypoker-wpt-montreal-spring-championship-qualifiers-30253/ which filled 50+ last time and an added Day 1....

Think 1st can hit a milly?

Starting to believe it could, especially given last times 3.4 million PP. 6-700k more is all it would really take. 500 players per Day 1 would easily get it there, which is double the growth actually needed IMO
  • Canadian Poker Tour just posted that today (April 16th), that WestJet has a 72 hour seat sale for $272 (assuming from Calgary) each way to Montreal.
  • Hey gang -

If you have been waiting to purchase tickets for Spring Classic events the online purchasing is now live! There is a 4% processing fee, but the system is super convenient.

If you're travelling to Montreal I think that buying at least your first event in advance would be a good idea.
  • 4% of reg fee or of buy-in?
  • It's 4% of total buy in. So Main Event is $132 extra
  • Is what it is I guess. Winnipeg uses Ticket Master doesn't it? Same sort of deal...
  • A few of you may know Buba. Congrats to him for winning a $6,500 WPT package. :wav:
    Good luck!
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    A few of you may know Buba. Congrats to him for winning a $6,500 WPT package. :wav:
    Good luck!

Is this Steve who use to come to West Side Events Bubba?
  • Yes. He made it to Day 2."cheers:

I'm shocked there were less than 200 players in the first day. :o A friend who played in last year's huge field of 1,173 players said it was the softest tournament he ever played in, but this time, it seemed to be mostly 3-betting pros who flew in. I wonder if the many locals who took the $3,300 shot last time don't have the money to take any more shots.
    Bubba?
  • PartyPoker WPT Canadian Spring Championship: Jet Boating - YouTube
    One of the good things about PartyPoker is their "Palladium VIP & Events" team. Even though they charge a lot for the hotel/hospitality from your package, you and your guest are treated like VIP for the events you choose to go to.
  • Looks like a good chunk of the coin ($700,000 or so) will be headed back to Ontario.
    While 735 entries did match the record setting 1173 of November 2012, this was still the biggest Canadian poker prize pool of 2013 so far; the Fallsview $2,500 and $5k combined don't even eclipse it.

As for field size, again king so far for 13' in event over 1k buy-in and the $150 side event was also massive at 1413 players. All told by some rough gorilla math, it looks as if easily greater than $3.2 million in total payouts was passed around over the Playground Poker Spring Classic. More details and results here (Main Event use "Events Details" for others)

Event 7, Final Payouts

There is a lot more lead time for Nov/Dec's Televised (and slightly higher buy-in) Event and players can expect a ton of qualifiers on PartyPoker. Looks like same as PPFC, again 4 or 5 packages a week went for CSC.

Following about 70-80 players on Twitter this time around, I have to say that there was a TON of high profile American players this go around, which is certainly nice to see. We've had a hard time in Canadian events for the past 5 years attracting any significant money from outside our own poker economy, but it looks as if that has changed. Look under the hashtags #WPTCSC, #WPTmtl, #WPTMontreal and #WPTCDN and you'll see a ton of positive feedback from our guests on the venue, the city and the event in general.

With all the new blood this go and the massive turnout last fall, it's hardly a stretch to expect 1000+ in the fall.

Look for any emerging details and schedules in this thread soon.
  • Gratz to Paul Brar From YEG wins the PLO and 17th in the main
  • There were a ton of solid players from Toronto, our locals in Montreal, plus some guys from Alberta and Saskatchewan (Smith and Bergren boys) as well as some heavy-duty guys from the US.

Some of my job in the next few days will be to do some number crunching so I'll share that here.

BTW I think the guy who said it was so soft in Nov was just lucky. The field in terms of locals was pretty much identical to November in composition if not in sheer numbers. There may have been a few softer satty players fewer. The comment about local bankrolls sustaining two big events a year is interesting - but that's why the satellite program is so important - it gets the local buy-ins in the prize pool without breaking anyone's roll.
  • Do you know yet when PartyPoker will start the satellites for the Playground event? Party has made some terrible decisions recently (e.g., secretly segregating players, cancelled all 4 leaderboards, gotten rid of flagship $1 million guaranteed tournament, etc.) so I stopped playing there for now, but I would rather win an entry to Playground's next player-friendly event than the Fallsview Poker Classic.
    mikelbyl wrote: »
    Some of my job in the next few days will be to do some number crunching so I'll share that here.
    :
    The field in terms of locals was pretty much identical to November in composition if not in sheer numbers.
  • Will find out when sats start ASAP. Brb.
  • While a bit vague for time being, expect them to start September or possibly even earlier, though it will be post WSOP for sure. The televised event is basically December so call it 2 to 3 months of qualifiers minimum.
  • Thanks. Now to figure out where to play for the next couple of months....
    jontm wrote: »
    While a bit vague for time being, expect them to start September or possibly even earlier, though it will be post WSOP for sure.