OPT Charity Game

For the past two years, with the help of Steve, I have been running an annual charity poker game to help raise funds for my Wife’s Walk to End Woman’s Cancer. This game has been a huge success in both raising money and popularity among those who have attended, and I thank you all for that.

As some of you may know my father recently passed away from complications of many issues, however all the issues that sped up his demise can be traced back to Diabetes. So after a discussion with my wife, this year we have decided to run this game in honour of my father and all funds raised will be donated to the Canadian Diabetes Association.

As this has touched me closer then something that I could never have ever imagined it is important to me to make this event as large, as much fun, and to raise as much funds as possible. I would love to see a huge turnout for this event.

This event will follow the same format as the previous charity events.
Saturday July 20th - Noon Start time
$100 buy in for 8000 starting chips (all goes into the prize pool)
$20 option for an extra 2000 chips (goes towards Diabetes)
Blind Structure will follow that of The WSOP Main Event and be 30mins in length.
Rebuy - $40 for 10k chips if you bust in the first 4 levels (50% to prize pool/50% to charity)
Location - Greg's Place in Bolton
Dinner - Anita will be making us a buffet style dinner for 5pm

As in the past I have tried to raise additional prizes to be used throughout the event. These prizes were used as a way to add additional value to the final table, or for fun like the 1st one out, or for raffling off to raise funds, etc. I will once again be doing all I can to add additional prizes to this event as well. Some of the prizes that have been donated in the past are...
Blue Jay Tickets
Rounds of golf
Rounds of Paintball
Poker Related Items
Sports Jerseys
Plus much more

If you are in a position that can allow you to donate a prize to this event please let me know. Anything that can be done to help make this event as exciting and fun be will be greatly appreciated.

If you are interested in playing please sign up on the OPT website or post in this thread.
http://www.orangevillepokertour.com/events/87883232/

thank you once again for taking the time to read this, and I hope to see you at the game.

Greg

Comments

• IN...where's the link??

A charity that is close to my heart as well, as my own father's issue were primarily caused by the same thing.
  • In for sure !! My wife is a type 1 diabetic, so this will help us as well.
  • Count me. The meetup is closed for some reason. I'll see if I can come up with prize.
  • It shouldn't be closed. Players have been signing up all day.

Anyways. I have out you in
  • Sadly, this will be running at the point where I'm working 7 days a week and having no enjoyment of summer whatsoever. Again.

However, I will be making a donation to the Canadian Diabetes Association on the day of the tourney in yours and my Dad's honour.
  • Dead Money wrote: »
    Count me. The meetup is closed for some reason. I'll see if I can come up with prize.

It's closed for some reason on the mobile app, if you go onto the site you can RSVP.

I'm so in!
  • RWPKRPLR wrote: »
    It's closed for some reason on the mobile app, if you go onto the site you can RSVP.

I'm so in!

Hmm. Now that is strange
  • SteveKerr wrote: »
    Hmm. Now that is strange

On my meetup app all of the OPT games are closed . I checked other meet ups on the app and they're working.
  • RWPKRPLR wrote: »
    On my meetup app all of the OPT games are closed . I checked other meet ups on the app and they're working.

Are you logged in before you try to access the events?
  • Logged out and back in and that solved the problem. I RSVP'd on the site earlier. If anyone else has that problem log out and back in
  • In, my mum is a diabetic, surely a great cause
  • Starting to round up additional prizes for this event. So far I have the following

- 4 tickets to the Toronto Blue Jays vs. Kansas City Royals, Friday Aug. 30th

These seats are in the 200 VIP section behind right behind home plate. They are the bar stool seats along the rail. Without a doubt one of the best seats in the house. They have a value of $75.00/seat
  • Just a friendly bump to remind everyone that this game is coming up. We are currently maxed out at 60 players, however if you want to play please get on the waiting list as I'm sure there will always be a few players who have to pull out.
  • $40 option for an extra 2000 chips (goes to The Canadian Diabetes Association)
    Blind Structure will follow that of The WSOP Main Event and be 30mins in length.
    Rebuy - $60 for 10k chips if you bust in the first 4 levels (50% to prize pool/50% to charity)

So which is correct?
  • JackyBB wrote: »
    $40 option for an extra 2000 chips (goes to The Canadian Diabetes Association)
    Rebuy - $60 for 10k chips if you bust in the first 4 levels (50% to prize pool/50% to charity)

So which is correct?

Option is for initial buyin, the rebuy is separate and can only be taken if you bust.
  • JackyBB wrote: »
    $40 option for an extra 2000 chips (goes to The Canadian Diabetes Association)

So which is correct?

All is correct, think of it this way. $140 gets you 10k in chips. $100 goes to prize pool, $40 goes to charity. If you bust in the 1st 4 levels you can rebuy for a full 10k for $60. $30 will go to the prize pool and $30 goes to charity.
  • 3 seats still available for this.
  • Won't be playing, will be donating. Somehow. Koby, did you ever set that donation page up through the CDA website? Makes it easier for us long distance type people.
  • Won't be playing, will be donating. Somehow. Koby, did you ever set that donation page up through the CDA website? Makes it easier for us long distance type people.

Sorry Bill, never set that page up. If you want to donate I would suggest either donating directly to the Canadian Diabetes Association

https://ocp.diabetes.ca/OD/csCustomerDonation.asp

if you really want to make your donation part of this event, if you want EMT your donation to me and I will gladly add it to the total funds raised by this event
  • Bump this up.
  • Please post results.
  • Raised $3k for the Canadian Diabetes Association

1st Alex
    2nd Lisa
    3rd Bill M
    4th Pudge
    5th Bill F
    6th Vern
    7th Trevor S
    8th Ole
    9th Wes
    10th Paul G
  • I want to thank everyone who came out to the game and made it such a huge success. My father would have been real honored.

I especially want to thank Steve and Pudge, as some of you may know I was unable to attend the game due to the fact that I've been in the hospital with some heart issues. Thank you Steve and Pudge for running this game in my absence, it meant the world to me for this to have happened
  • I was happy to attend for a great cause...hope you feel better.
  • crazykoby wrote: »
    I was unable to attend the game due to the fact that I've been in the hospital with some heart issues.

Wow. I hope you are better soon.

Good work raising money for a good cause.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  • pkrfce9 wrote: »
    Wow. I hope you are better soon.

SO EFFING THIS !!!

Get Well soon, koby.
  • Glad to hear you're doing well Greg