Internet Explorer Cookies

Everytime there is a forced shutdown or power failure, IE dumps all the cookies which is annoying. Once again Microsoft is trying to protect me from myself - ie this must be for theft protection in case a thief rips out your desktop while it is plugged in and powered on. ie not likely.

Any way to turn this 'protection' off?

Comments

• IE by default doesn't delete your cookies on shutdown, accidentely or otherwise. Are your security settings in IE set to default? Are you sure you don't have some privacy program installed that is doing it, ie systemworks or perhaps some internet security package like Norton..?
  • If you force shutdown on a crash it does or if there is any power failure. May be a bug with ie8. I see now there is ie9. Will upgrade and see if that eliminates the problem. I mostly use chrome/firefox but some things I still do with ie.
  • moose wrote: »
    If you force shutdown on a crash it does or if there is any power failure. May be a bug with ie8. I see now there is ie9. Will upgrade and see if that eliminates the problem. I mostly use chrome/firefox but some things I still do with ie.

It shouldn't... Are you using Windows 7? Make sure all windows updates are on including SP1 and all updates after that.. So are you using some internet protection package like Norton, Trend or AVG?
  • Its win7. Its a common problem.

Let me google that for you
    Everytime there is a forced shutdown or power failure, IE dumps all the cookies which is annoying. Once again Microsoft is trying to protect me from myself - ie this must be for theft protection in case a thief rips out your desktop while it is plugged in and powered on. ie not likely.

Any way to turn this 'protection' off?

you have heard of torch or firefox? Torch is fantastic!!!
    If you force shutdown on a crash it does or if there is any power failure. May be a bug with ie8. I see now there is ie9. Will upgrade and see if that eliminates the problem. I mostly use chrome/firefox but some things I still do with ie.

I've never heard of Torch? I doubt I need a fourth browser at this point though.
  • I've never heard of Torch? I doubt I need a fourth browser at this point though.

Being in Korea and teaching, I use some utube stuff and it was constantly buffering. It has a media convert button build into the toolbar one click and done and it is extremely fast. Same with downloading my North American shows to watch. Super fast and I find it much better than google chrome.
    Its win7. Its a common problem.

Let me google that for you

That's helpful, I try to help you and ask questions to clarify and that's the best you can do..? ? If you know all the answers, why ask?
  • compuease wrote: »
    That's helpful, I try to help you and ask questions to clarify and that's the best you can do..? ? If you know all the answers, why ask?

Can't find an answer. You seemed to be denying that it happens.

Mostly I was hoping that in your computer awesomeness, you had the answer. I didn't see any google items mentioning IE9 so hopefully upgrading eliminates the problem.

Besides, searching for, ie loses its cookies, is funny. :)
    Can't find an answer. You seemed to be denying that it happens.
    Not denying it happens at all. I do know that Norton Internet Security among others can do exactly that. To help I just was looking for some more detail. Just blaming IE8 without any investigation won't do any good. So did you try setting your IE8 security settings to default?

And I don't have any computer awesomeness, just a little knowledge that sometimes gets me somewhere..:-\
  • Meh I only see my problems and at work so far the techs always have the answer, gotta give them credit. You see far more problems and I consider you better than google. It definitely an IE7/8 problem if you see the google search. I don't play with my IE settings so they seem be at default. My cookies on chrome/firefox never disappear. No Norton or anything at home, just AVGfree.