Condolences to Crazykoby.

It is with great sadness that I report that Greg's father has passed away this morning. I'm sure Greg is very busy with arrangements and everything, but I just wanted to update.

From my family to your's, Greg, our condolances on your loss. If there's anything we can do, please feel free to ask.

Comments

• My condolences Greg.

:(
  • The loss of a parent is one of the hardest things we ever experience. Very sorry to hear Greg.
  • Sorry to hear of your loss Greg. May you find comfort from your family and friends in this difficult time.
  • Sorry to hear of your loss Greg
  • Really, really sorry to hear Greg... All our thoughts are with you...
  • I concur with everyone here. My very best to you and your family and the very worst to anyone who tried to take advantage of you.
  • Sorry to hear about your father.
  • Sorry to hear greg
  • Well wishes to you and yours.

Mark
  • I am not overly religious, Greg, but I believe in a loving and merciful God. I hope the sadness you feel is leavened by the memories of your Father, and that you are comforted by the thought that his trials and tribulations are at an end. Thoughts and prayers for you and yours on this sad day.
  • Sad to hear. My sympathies.
  • Sorry to here about your loss. Take care.
  • Too bad Greg. Think of the good times.
  • Sorry to hear. My condilences
  • Thank you all for your thoughts.

He had suffered a lot in the last 3 months, between Kidney failure, congestive heart failure, stroke, diabetes, and severe pressure sores from being bedridden, it is a comforting thought to know that he is not suffering anymore
  • Saddened to hear about you and your family's loss Greg. I hope you're all coping as best as you can.
  • crazykoby wrote: »
    Thank you all for your thoughts.

He had suffered a lot in the last 3 months, between Kidney failure, congestive heart failure, stroke, diabetes, and severe pressure sores from being bedridden, it is a comforting thought to know that he is not suffering anymore

The best we can ask for...and we can be thankful that the suffering period was shorter than many have to endure. Just went through this a few months ago (seems that way anyway..guess it was 9 mos)

Thoughts are with you and yours.

D.
  • Very sorry for your loss Greg
  • It goes without saying...
    Thoughts are with you and yours

Dave
  • My condolences, very sad. Keep him in your heart and he'll never truly be gone.
  • sorry to hear greg! best wishes to you in this tough time!
  • Very sad news. I know I'm repeating the theme of this thread, but if there's anything I can do, let me know.
  • A copy of my fathers death notice going in the Toronto Star today and tomorrow.

Jack Hartwick –August 29th, 1943 – January 19th, 2013

Jack passed away peacefully at home surrounded by his family. He will always be loved and remembered by his children Melanie (Roberto) Bacchin, Greg (Anita) and Kyle (Lorraine Biegel); grandchildren Jade, Connor, Kain, Shona and Zoe; as well as treasured forever by his long time partner Claudette Bourget and all his extended family and many friends. Jack co-founded Hartwick O’Shea and Cartwright Limited in 1974 and was a well respected leader in the industry. He will be fondly missed by his surviving partner Steve Cartwright, and all his colleagues. The family would like to extend their gratitude to the palliative care team of St. Joseph’s Health Centre, the PSW’s of Home Instead and the nurses of the VON whom all made it possible for Jack to remain at home with his family. A Celebration of Jack’s life will be held on Saturday, January 26th, 2013 beginning at 1 p.m. at the Weston Golf and Country Club, 50 St. Philip’s Road, Weston , ON. In lieu of flowers, donations to the Canadian Diabetes Association would be appreciated by the family. Please visit Jack’s Book of Memories at www.wardfuneralhome.com

“His courage was immeasurable
  • Read it today at work. That is a very nice tribute to the man . . .
  • Sorry for your loss, thoughts and prayers for you and your loved ones...
  • Sorry to hear Greg and very moved by the close of his tribute. May he rest in peace.
  • Noticed something in the notice that not nearly enough people mention: you thanked the PSW's and the care centre he was at. Well done!
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    Noticed something in the notice that not nearly enough people mention: you thanked the PSW's and the care centre he was at. Well done!

That's a very good point and indeed mentioning them is something many forget.

The people that worked at the nursing home where my Dad spent his last days were incredible. There's no way I could mentally do the job they do. I was kind of shocked when a good handful of them actually showed up at his visitation and then the funeral as well. They were all incredibly kind and supportive in spite of the fact they barely knew the man.