Fundraiser Poker Tournament in Mississauga Sat, Jan. 26th, 2013

Hey everyone!

We are hosting a fundraiser poker tournament in Mississauga near Derry and Tomken at Max's Diner!

The fundraiser is to help support local university students on a trip abroad to work and live in third world countries for 3 months over the summer. The program is sponsored through their universities and is costing each student close to $7000 of which they need to fund-raise.

We are expecting a great turn out so come out and support!! Bring your friends!! It is going to be a great atmosphere of good fun and games!

Max's Dinner is licensed under the L.L.B.O.

Buy in is $100 - which will include buffet dinner and a seat in the tournament. $50 will go to the pot and $50 will be going to the fundraiser/cause.

extra patrons wishing to not participate in the tournament will be asked to bring $25 which will go towards a donation and the buffet meal.

A tournament director will be hosting and running the games and rebuy's and top ups will be made available.

Rebuys will be available in the first hour and top ups available during first break of which I am not too sure of the cost but the tournament director will know specific details. I can project that it will cost around $40-$60.

Blinds will be raised 3 times in the first hour at 20 minute intervals and 15 minutes after first break. typically start with 25/50. Chip count will be between 1500-2000.

Tournament starts at 7pm sharp so arrive around 6pm-630pm SHARP!

Tournament will shrink tables as participants are knocked out down to a final table. Also a side tournament will be hosted once those out of the main tournament are kicked out. $75/$50 buy in. Side tournament will begin once the first 8-10 are seated.

There will be raffles and 50/50 draws!

Contact me for any further details!

Hope to see you there!

Comments

• Please don't cross post across subforums. It clutters the forum as a whole. One post in the Toronto poker forum is sufficient.

Thanks. They'll get the message from the one post, so I'm deleting the others.

If you have further details regarding blind structure, cost of rebuy/addons, how much money from the buy in goes to the prize pool, etc. that would be appreciated and would likely interest more people. Sometimes if you don't provide this info up front, people won't bother asking. There's lots of tourneys out there, thus lots of competition. You have to make yours really appetizing to make it more interesting to people.

Hope you have a great tournament and raise a ton of money for the students trip abroad to help others. That's a great idea!
  • thank you so much! I edited it a bit so I hope that is better!
  • Also I forgot to mention but we are selling tickets ahead of time to secure your seats as seating is limited to 150-175 people. So contact me asap!
  • We lowered the buy in to $100 to make it more affordable :)