Not sure if I made the right decision here, thoughts?

Hey all,

so I am going to give a hand and situation and would love to hear some responses on how to have played it and thoughts.

sitting in mid position, blinds are 50-100, folded around, holding KhKd.

Open to 300, called by the button and BB. Flop comes 4s Qs 2c. check from BB and kings lead out bet of 650 into 900 pot. button folds and BB re-raises to 1500. starting stacks were around the 4500-5000 mark. KK flat calls the re-raise. turn comes 2s. BB shoves remainder of chips........... in this situation the player has a very tight aggressive image, and is a profitable player here. what do you do in this situation and why?

I'd love to hear some thoughts.

Comments

• Tough one. Check raise from tight player who barrels could be AQ (though he might be to chicken shit to check raise TPTK), a set of queens he flatted pre cause he wanted flop (my best guess here) or AA

I played a spot very similar to this recently and came up with I should have reraised he check raise while pot was smaller then I would have no doubt (he's prob never bluffing if he reraises again but likely shoves as cant hold load) which saves me chips across hand instead of flating and trying to control pot on later streets but calling anyway.

Cliffs. As played AQ is the best you could hope he holds but likely not. Would have a hard time folding and i bust half the time.
  • If stack sizing was different or wasn't for yout tournament life this hand would have played itself differently. AQ was definately in my range, but if he has AQ is it safe to assume that in this spot he would most certainly have to have the As? if not QQ or AA. Is it possible that someone plays AK or AJ of spades in this line?
  • You put yourself in a stupid spot by flatting the 1500 leaving you only ~3200 behind with a pot of 3900. Shove or fold the flop c/r and be done with the thinking. If you called the 1500 thinking you were ahead then you should have shoved and if you called thinking you were behind then should have folded obv.

Why would tight aggressive player flat AQ oop 3 handed? I think your definition of TAG is wrong.
  • id of shoved his raise, putting him on aq or aj of spades, dont put him on qq, cause he prolly would of sqeezed pre....i shove because if i just call his raise i have no more "chirping chips"..lol.near.the same scenario, at Brantford, i have jj. to board of 9 10 rag, rainbow,he checks i bet , he min raises i shove, because id be too light behind, he rolls over A9, and hits a 9 on the river, i puke..lol..the guy sitting beside me , tries to console me, by telling me i got beat by a donkey play..gee ya think..lol...
  • Why the flat call to the check-raise? What was your thinking behiond that play?
  • moose wrote: »
    You put yourself in a stupid spot by flatting the 1500 leaving you only ~3200 behind with a pot of 3900. Shove or fold the flop c/r and be done with the thinking. If you called the 1500 thinking you were ahead then you should have shoved and if you called thinking you were behind then should have folded obv.

+1. Make your decision on the flop. Also, raise more pre. As played, if villian is super-tight and never bets draws in that spot, might be able to find a fold. Otherwise, call...and probably lose either already or on river...