Las Vegas report

I stayed at the stardust. From fri to monday, (My 21st bday was friday(. it was ok nothin fancy but a great hotel for the money. There card room was descent, only offer 3-6 holdem though witha kill or without and also a 6-12 game if theres enouygh players. I only played there cuz every other hotel I tried to play at had redicoulous wait times of over 1 1/2. Always a good mix of talent and tourists. I played around a total 20 hours. I finished my weekend up $180 which i thought was pretty good for my first B&M experiance. A while back dave posted about his read on a player and how hes pulse was racing but it turned out he didnt have cards it was just sitting there that excited him. That was me this weekend. I really loved it. A few hands stand out in my head so ill tell you them. I bought in for 150 ( is this right or should I have brought more?). 9 players, UTG folds, limp, call call, Raise, fold, i am on the button with 55 so i call, small fold big calls. Flop comes 9 k 5 rainbow( I wanted to scream like i do when i play online but had to remember where i was). checks around to initial raiser and she bets, fold, then i raise everybody else folds and me and her cap betting off. I got scared after and realized i might be up against kk, turn comes 4, she bets i raise she reraises i call, river was 8 she bet and i only called. (should iu have rerasied, because the only hand she could have to beat me would be kk.) I got sacred after the flop so any advice on this hand would be appreciated. She turns over AA, and has a heart attack when I show her my set.

Now heres my biggest heart breaker of the weekend. I am UTG with AdAc. I raise to 6 everbody folds except big bling who reraise me, so naturally i cap the betting off. ( so now i am thinking that he must have AA with me. Flop comes 2 7 9. cap betting, turn comes 3
cap, riv comes j, cap betting he turns over jj!!!!!!!!!! I died i absolutely died! this hand cost me 108 dollars! and should have paid me off. I asked him after if he thought he was beat preflop and he honestly said word for word " it though you were bluffing" there are a few other good hands were i floped some other sets and full boats but this thread is long. Had a great time and would recommend the stardust to anyone. Any comments awould be appreciated on the way i played these hands. also in the first hand i had a good read on her she only played top pairs or AK nothin else and she always would raise with them.
The second hand was a guy who had just sat down when this happened.

Comments

• nice report!

One time you cracked AA, the other time yours got cracked - karma? :P

Up $180 in 4 days playing those limits imo is a nice return for a 1st time B&M - congrats!
  • It sounds to me like we have another addict forming here :)

Great to hear you had fun. Now come down for the WSOP and make some REAL money.