Vanilla Mastercard sucks

Anyone ever have any not so perfect dealings with these fools? I received a $200 card for Christmas....went to use it in my PS account and basically the card didn't exist etc. And yes the card was activated at the store etc. Here we are January 10th and it still isn't resolved. The thing that bugs me most is their completely nonchalant attitude about the whole thing. I sent in the scans of the receipt, packaging, card etc as requested. Four days later called back to see what was going on. They had no record of the previous call, reference number etc and claimed they couldn't find the email with the scan. Resent the email etc....on hold periodically for about 40 minutes....during which they find the previous scans. I was then informed it will be resolved withing 5-7 business days. Today it was the 7th business day....made the phone call...the woman had no idea about anything. The good news? The woman sent another inquiry to whoever deals with these problems and tagged it 'high priority'...lol. I really can't believe these guys can be this much of a joke. Beyond frustrating. I'm guessing I may get to use it in another week...but maybe I'm being too optimistic :o

Comments

• Your money is now with the DOJ and you will receive it when US players get their Full tilt funds.
  • Never had a problem with those cards, get them for Easter, bday, Xmas, etc. for gas from my parents. Ive used it for stars a few times, never a problem.

Problem is probably on your end.

Gl figuring it out.
  • No, not on my end. I've used them before too. And trust me, the customer support...or lack thereof is definitely not on my end. I mean it's been two freaking weeks, lost emails, bad reference numbers, dates missed, numerous phone calls? Gimme a break. It's like dealing with people who know they already have the money so 'oh well'
  • SuperNed wrote: »
    No, not on my end. I've used them before too. And trust me, the customer support...or lack thereof is definitely not on my end. I mean it's been two freaking weeks? Gimme a break. It's like dealing with people who know they already have the money so 'oh well'

Sometimes u have to go to vanilla mastercards site and "verify" your card. (type in your name , adress and 3 digits on back of card). Seems silly to do for a pre paid card I know, but it is a real thing.

Did u do that?
  • Yes, that was the first thing I did....and have done it every couple of days since...hoping...praying...just says error or something of the sort.
    And again, sure screw ups happen....but their entire who gives a shit attitude towards the whole thing astounds me. It should have been figured out within two days max....I shouldn't be having to chase them two weeks later.
    Yes, that was the first thing I did....and have done it every couple of days since...hoping...praying...just says error or something of the sort.
    And again, sure screw ups happen....but their entire who gives a shit attitude towards the whole thing astounds me. It should have been figured out within two days max....I shouldn't be having to chase them two weeks later.

How reputable of a place was it that distributed the card?
  • Shoppers Drugmart so pretty reputable. Went to the store etc to make sure there hadn't been some sort of screw up on their end, they were the ones who called Vanilla in the first place the first day.
    Shoppers Drugmart so pretty reputable. Went to the store etc to make sure there hadn't been some sort of screw up on their end, they were the ones who called Vanilla in the first place the first day.

Yeah that's normally where my parents get theirs too... My step mom is a shoppers optimum card beast (sick brag)

I'd just make it shoppers problem, go in there and go ham and force them to deal with it. I mean really make a scene.

My thinking would be get shoppers to issue me a brand spank card and they can deal with getting refunded
  • I'm not going to go to that extent yet and I'm sure it will finally get dealt with within the next few days or whatever...just wanted to whine and post my dissatisfaction with the process. Very frustrating and completely unprofessional on their part. And yes, my girlfriend could probably fly to Tahiti with her optimum points if that was possible :-\
  • Wife just suggested you go to a bank machine and withdraw the money minus whatever service charge you'll be charged. She's had customers who have had similar problems with these and did this with no problems. I personally know nothing about these cards.

Good old fashioned cash was always the nicest thing to get in an envelope at xmas. No problems.
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    Your money is now with the DOJ and you will receive it when US players get their Full tilt funds.

almost forgot

The Price is Right losing horn - YouTube
  • Wife just suggested you go to a bank machine and withdraw the money minus whatever service charge you'll be charged. She's had customers who have had similar problems with these and did this with no problems. I personally know nothing about these cards.

Good old fashioned cash was always the nicest thing to get in an envelope at xmas. No problems.

Ja if u can do this, bust it.

Or if u wanna EMT I can send stars , U HAZ OPTIONS NEDDY CENT

Not sure this would work as the card doesn't even register as existing on the Vanilla site yet.
    As for the cash, the whole point of this gift was for online poker money as up until now it was the easiest way to deposit money. It's not that I'm worried about the actual cash but every now and then do like to play some small stakes online.
    Again, not a huge deal....I just wanted to whine about it and see if anyone else had this bad an experience dealing with them.
  • costanza wrote: »
    Ja if u can do this, bust it.

Or if u wanna EMT I can send stars , U HAZ OPTIONS NEDDY CENT

Thanks costanza but I'll wait it out, but they'll feel the wrath of Neddy if it isn't figured out by next Friday....I'll take it up a notch whine about it on twitter or facebook :biggrin:
  • Vanilla site now says my card exists and is ready to be abused :)
  • Good to hear.

It's fun to whine about companies every now and again. Every year or so, I get into an email flame war with Canadian Tire. Started several years ago. They have the worst customer service nationwide and on the net. I get a kick out of pointing this out to them.

Got a $50 gift certificate out of my rants several years ago, nothing since but I keep trying.