wireless tvs

Thinking about getting a tv that has wireless capabilities...so I don't have to bring my laptop in and hook it up to watch movies through it... So I can send tv/movies/desktop to this thing without wires. I tried this with my current tv..bought a 50' hdmi cable to go from computer to tv...but alas..no sound transmits with it...and I hate the big cable running across the floor.

A couple of questions.. Will the new tv's with wireless transmit the sound as well as the video? Anyone have any recommendations?

Comments

• That's weird that you don't get sound with hdmi. You should.
  • I need to use a second cable from headphone out to tv for sound but i think it contains wires
  • kwsteve wrote: »
    That's weird that you don't get sound with hdmi. You should.

It may have been DVI-HDMI? I don't recall...that was umm...3 years ago? I hardly remember last week.

Another question..would the tv have to be put on a network to send from PC? The PC doesn't carry a wireless card, only the laptop..but of course have a wireless router..

Maybe I should just hire a guy...I know a guy that knows a guy.
  • DennisG wrote: »
    It may have been DVI-HDMI? I don't recall...that was umm...3 years ago? I hardly remember last week.

Another question..would the tv have to be put on a network to send from PC? The PC doesn't carry a wireless card, only the laptop..but of course have a wireless router..

Maybe I should just hire a guy...I know a guy that knows a guy.

As long as your PC is connected to the router and the TV is wirelessly connected to the same router what you are trying to do will work.. And yes if you used a DVI to HDMI you would have no sound as DVI is only video.