Kincardine 2013 Walk for Memories

So, as some of you know, on March 9th of this year my Dad passed away from complications due to Alzheimer's Disease. It was roughly a ten year ride through hell for my family and my Mom specifically. This year alone, 3 of his other siblings died from the same thing. He always said he'd rather die from cancer or something else other than mental illness, because at least he'd know what was going on. He didn't get that wish.

If any of you know, or are related to someone who's got it, you know how horrible it is.

On January 26, 2013 I'll be doing the Kincardine Walk for Memories. Basically it means I'll be walking around in circles with my wife for a few hours in the gym of some local school, but that's not the point. The point is generating donations to fight the disease, help friends and family members of those with the disease and educate the public.

I asked Comp if I could post this on here and he said it'd be fine as long as I didn't threaten to ban people for not donating which I think is total bullshit :D. If I don't get to ban one of you fuckers for something soon, I'm gonna go batshit crazy and this seems like as good a reason as any!

Anyhoo, calmer heads prevailing.... If you'd like to sponsor me in this venture, please do so here:
2013 Walk for Memories

Comments

• Relax, Bill . . . the mod job will have you walking in circles in no time. This will be good practice.
  • This is pretty awesome. Between online and cash donations my wife and I have raised over $750 for this thing so far with a week and a half to go! I've never done anything like this before.

The greatest thing is that not once did I cave to my wife's insistence that we should go door to door, which I hate the idea of.