Comments

• Yep. Had to happen. Sadly. Of course they approached the lawyer within a week of the terrible event.
  • Hopefully, a sensible judge will tell them to GTFO, as a plaintiff needs to acquire "permission" to sue the State in Connecticut before a suit can go forward.
  • This is tilting as fuck

Lol America
  • costanza wrote: »
    This is tilting as fuck

Lol America
    One of the few times I agree with you...
  • IANAL, but from what I have read, the things that these parents are talking about as causing harm (hearing the gunshots, and screams over the PA) are some of the very things that helped keep people alive, as part of the security measures. My understanding is that, when staff hit the "panic button" as Lanza shot his way in, it allowed other staff to hear what was going on over the PA and inform authorities. In addition, the fact that multiple calls came in about the same incident let the cops know it was not some prank call. As I said previous, I hope this gets tossed. The issue of sovereign immunity is moot in this case, much as I despise it.
  • I had to look this up as meaning could be interpretive:
    IANAL Definition / IANAL Means
    The definition of IANAL is "I Am Not A Lawyer (this is an uninformed opinion)"

I agree about the PA system. I understood it to be a preventative measure as well.

I think the key here, as mentioned in the article I posted will be whether or not the measures they had recently proposed to prevent this has been in fact implemented fully. That is, they knew there was a risk and did or did not do anything about it. However, ianal either.
  • Lol Milo making up Internet slang
  • Bill just wants to keep me down . . .
  • Bad bill!

:(

Fight the power Milo, acronyms out the ass from here on out

God speed.
  • Milo wrote: »
    Bill just wants to keep me down . . .

I honestly had never heard of that one Milo. I keep that website handy for 'round here.
  • Milo wrote: »
    IANAL, but from what I have read, the things that these parents are talking about as causing harm (hearing the gunshots, and screams over the PA) are some of the very things that helped keep people alive, as part of the security measures. My understanding is that, when staff hit the "panic button" as Lanza shot his way in, it allowed other staff to hear what was going on over the PA and inform authorities. In addition, the fact that multiple calls came in about the same incident let the cops know it was not some prank call. As I said previous, I hope this gets tossed. The issue of sovereign immunity is moot in this case, much as I despise it.

u anal?

pitch or catch?
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    u anal?

pitch or catch?

American League town, I am the DH. I carry a big bat.
  • The lawsuit has the wrong targets. such a complete fucking fail on this account. They should have gone after the NRA, makers of Bushmaster and other firearems lobby groups. They still shouldn't have a chance (but might since american civil litigation is such a complete clusterfuck) but the last people they should go after is the school board.

unfortunately the only people culpable are dead and not sure what their estates are worth (shooter, criminally negligent mom, apparently awful father)

but ffs what more could the school have done. it's the society stupid.
  • SuitedPair wrote: »
    unfortunately the only people culpable are dead and not sure what their estates are worth (shooter, criminally negligent mom, apparently awful father)

Which is, of course, why you go after the organizations most likely to pay out a settlelment.