Options

Southern Ontario

Anyone know of any games or card rooms to check out?

Rather not go to the falls... GTA, k-w , Cambridge, Guelph, etc.

Home for a couple weeks, don't know what runs these days, kind of itching to play

looking to play 1/2 - whatever PLO or NL

Also anyone know if the cave is worth checking out? Friday nights I believe it is, I get emails from them sometimes

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• The Cave is a little crazy and erratic, but for $40 it is a convenient buy in.

Ted.
  • whats the cave? and where is it?
  • whats the cave? and where is it?

It's in cambridge across from galt arena gardens...

I gather that they play a freezeout tourney with cash games running on the side

I suppose I should take the time to read specifics in the emails I get before snap deleting them lol.

I'll let u know specifics when I get the meetup email this week , or perhaps a member here whose played there can chime in with experiences.
  • costanza wrote: »
    kind of itching to play

aren't you the guy that moved out of province to go make a living playing poker? Hence, should be playing nearly every day?
  • Roger at VIP Meetup has the best 1/2 game in the GTA in terms of rake and nice environment. Max rake is only $3 and max buyin in $400 so its a good deep game. He doesn't start up again until Jan 2nd. See his meetup group for details.

There are tons of games in the city. If you want to play 1/3, there is a good game on Friday in Richmond Hill. There is a 1/2 game at Keele/Finch running most nights.
  • Just go over to woodbine....they will spread whatever you like and hey if you don't show up the OLG won't take it personally
  • http://www.pokerforum.ca/f60/cave-friday-evening-tournaments-26574/

They have a max of 50 with a waiting list. Sometimes in the winter they get a lot of people and you have to get there early to get a seat (game begins at 7).
  • Just go over to woodbine....they will spread whatever you like and hey if you don't show up the OLG won't take it personally

think I would donk off funds at Woodbine; keep meaning to check it out but never do. Don't like the idea of hitting a button to call. Rather see the raise/bet in terms of chips in front of me.
  • Muddguts wrote: »
    aren't you the guy that moved out of province to go make a living playing poker? Hence, should be playing nearly every day?

It's Christmas and I haven't seen my family for over 3 months for fucks sake
  • I'm not going to go check out woodbine, those tables don't interest me at all.

I'll be finding a good live game soon enough.
  • what area are you staying? I likely know a nearby 1/2 game.
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    what area are you staying? I likely know a nearby 1/2 game.

In Guelph

I'll play higher if there's any games, I just won't play lower than 1/2
    what area are you staying? I likely know a nearby 1/2 game.

[x] trying to take the rest of Fed's manies
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    [x] trying to take the rest of Fed's manies

GTA get the fuck outta this thread... Shouldn't u be in Ur other thread charging 1.2 across 4 bullets for a 220$ mtt? Lol

GTFO
    In Guelph

I'll play higher if there's any games, I just won't play lower than 1/2

Cave sounds like your best bet. Know good 5/5 in Brampton on Fridays, kind of west.

This link has plenty of choices:

Home Poker Games - Listing of Home Poker Games in Ontario
  • Found a good private home game in Guelph that I went to this evening, I was with a member of my family and it was a good atmosphere

Thought a couple players were bad and I was licking my chops, but then they ended up being competent and took some really great lines now that I think about it and I got pwned lol

Lost a bit but had a good time.
  • Also, like always. I'm going against my word.. I'm going to try out those tables at woodbine tomorrow after saying I wouldnt check those tables out

If anyone wants to meet there PM me and I'll ship u my cell #

Plan on going around 8 , I'll be 5th wheeling a double date with my cousins so I wouldnt mind meeting up lol
  • Woodbine is great, I played there Friday and Saturday afternoon. On my first trip I didn't really like the electronic tables but I've grown to like them as they just speed up the game (play about 50 hands an hour) and you don't have to tip the dealers.

To save you some time when you get there, go straight to the "Winner's Circle" desks and tell them you're gonna play poker and want a card to put money on (you have to do this), you get to make a nickname too lol, then put money on the card, then hop on the waitlist at the poker room.

edit: only thing that still irks me is that you can't use your phone at the table, even though ppl can get ridic out of line talking about hands during hands and there is no one to monitor it...obv not a huge deal in a 1/2 game, but ffs just let me use my phone!!
  • Sick, ty heaps for heads up Jules
    Also, like always. I'm going against my word.. I'm going to try out those tables at woodbine tomorrow

did you make it to Woodbine? thoughts?
  • Going tonight sir
    Going tonight sir

if you have transport, good 1/2 home game in Richmond Hill. $3 max rake and usually two tables running until late AM. VIP Poker Meetup Group.
    if you have transport, good 1/2 home game in Richmond Hill. $3 max rake and usually two tables running until late AM. VIP Poker Meetup Group.

Pretty sure someone at my table at woodbine was talking about this game. Have you played with someone who calls himself Bear Fish lol?
  • jdAA88 wrote: »
    someone who calls himself Bear Fish lol?

never heard of him; this is my staple game since its 10 minutes away and starts 7pm sharp. Some nights 2/5 runs but not lately.

I will not be driving tonight , so can't make that game .. Thanks for the lookout tho jah.

Got wind of a 2/5 game that runs in ankastor (sp?) only runs on Fridays so I hope to check that out. They run PLO as well, so I'm looking forward to
    It.
  • Looking for a game in the hamilton area tonight! Anyone know of anything on the go? Im new to this forum but am looking to meet up with some people and start playing a lot more poker.
  • Patsfan11 wrote: »
    Looking for a game in the hamilton area tonight! Anyone know of anything on the go? Im new to this forum but am looking to meet up with some people and start playing a lot more poker.

The previous mentioned Ancaster, which is basically Hamilton. Also, try this link:

Home Poker Games - Listing of Home Poker Games in Ontario

T.
  • Over under on a fed sighting at a poker table?