Words With Friends

Ok, so I've heard very little about this and am really kind of interested as I'm a fan of words and friends.

Anyone?

Oh and I honestly didn't start this to see anyone lose their shit.

Comments

• Haven't played it yet. Apparently there's a board game of it too now.
  • Never heard of it, yesterday when GTA posted about this I thought it was a tv show or something.
  • Isn't it a Scrabble variant?
  • Just did some googling. It's Scrabble with a new name and some bonus point differences from the looks of things.

They state it's 'not associated with the Scrabble brand name'.
  • Well, of course not, as that would violate the copyright.
  • I played this for a bit about a year ago. It is kind of like playing scrabble via email. You play a word and then can wait hours or days for your opponent to play their word, and so on. I found it tedious because when I was winning, my opponent would take forever to play a word, and I would win by default. Perhaps it has changed to add better timing rules, I don't know. And if I were playing against people I knew instead of random opponents, they might be inclined to respond more quickly.

The game I just found that I really like is "Wordament" by Microsoft. You have to have an Xbox Live account but it is like 2000 people playing Boggle at the exact same time. Everybody has the same board. At the end, you get to see how you scored compared to everyone else. It is available on Windows Phone and now on iOS (iPhone, iPad)
  • Yeah, it's a Scrabble rip off. I was doing it for a while until they
    Improved the Scrabble app to the point where I wasn't frustrated with it.

It does have the "free" option if you don't mind ads.