mystery in my house

i'm not prone to wild accusations nor am i some preacher of the belief in ghosts (or even an afterlife for that matter), but there's been something strange going on in my house lately.

a couple days ago my girlfriend came home from work at her normal time. i was already home as usual sitting on the couch in the family room. our dog was in his normal spot next to me. after she had changed and whatnot, my gf went into the upstairs kitchen and stepped in a mysterious puddle of water. at first we assumed it was a leak of some kind, but as we looked around we could easily see that there was no trail of water coming from any of the appliances nor were any of them wet at all. also, this was on a dark slate floor and if you know anything about slate you'll know that it stains when it's wet. there were no stains around other than the puddle. furthermore, if it had been a spill from before we left the house before work (approximately 8 hours later), it would have dried up before we came home. even if it hadn't dried completely, there would be a ring around the puddle where it had partially dried and left a stain (as that happens on slate). there was no such stain so the puddle had been relatively new. also, there was no leak from the ceiling and there had never been any leaks of any kind in the kitchen since we had moved in months ago.

i had not entered the kitchen at all since arriving hom and the dog had been with me the whole time. it was not dog pee or vomit. it had no smell and was clear when cleaned up with a paper towel so we assumed it was plain water (i wasn't going to taste it though). obviously it was strange but we just let it go assuming we had spilled something or possibly dropped an ice cube during our morning routine.

well yesterday it happened again, only this time in the basement kitchen. around 6pm i went downstairs to get us a couple glasses of wine (we buy by the bucket and keep it downstairs where it's cooler). as i walked up to the wine i stepped in another mysterious puddle of water. i turned on the lights and looked around for a leak but could not find anything. we hardly ever use the sink down there so it's not like it was on recently, and there's no fridge hooked up down there. again, the puddle was alone in the middle of the floor with no trail from anywhere. there was no leak from the ceiling or anything like that. i know for sure it wasn't the dog because he's never down there alone as the door to the basement is always closed. again, it didn't smell like pee and was clear.

a quick google search led me to find out that it is common for poltergeists to leave puddles of water behind. now i'm not saying that that is the case here, but damn it's strange and i can't explain it so far. i will definitely be looking around to see if it happens again.

Comments

• check your ceilings
  • costanza wrote: »
    check your ceilings

read my post.
  • trigs wrote: »
    read my post.

1b2.gif
    check your ceilings

He did, mentioned it a few times.

Fk u Trigs.

Add: Any light fixtures directly above where the puddles are located? Water can often travel along framing for long distances and drip down into fixtures (attached to framing) without necessarily creating an electrical problem. The water can then drip out of the fixture onto the floor. You mentioned it was in the middle of the room where light fixtures are often placed above.

Just a thought. Tis the season for roof leaks, etc. to present themselves.

Oh, Fk u trigs.
  • well i can tell you that ghosts and paranormal shit isnt even real

so you are worrying for nothing
  • He did, mentioned it a few times.

Fk u Trigs.

Add: Any light fixtures directly above where the puddles are located? Water can often travel along framing for long distances and drip down into fixtures (attached to framing) without necessarily creating an electrical problem. The water can then drip out of the fixture onto the floor. You mentioned it was in the middle of the room where light fixtures are often placed above.

Just a thought. Tis the season for roof leaks, etc. to present themselves.

Oh, Fk u trigs.

fk u!!!!:D

the puddle upstairs is under track lighting so that's a possibility. i'll check but it's not a constant leak or anything. downstairs it wasn't under the light at all.
    well i can tell you that ghosts and paranormal shit isnt even real

so you are worrying for nothing

i already said (which you'd know if you read) that i don't believe in that stuff. i just thought it was strange that that was the common answer for mysterious puddles when i googled it.

also, it's worth noting that the puddles were almost directly in line with each other on both floors. and again, there is no leak from the floor/ceiling. and it's not a constant leak or anything. it only happened once in each spot (so far) and multiple days apart.
  • oh lord lol

stop being so dramatic haha
  • Could be a sign for THE END OF THE WORLD?

Try a bucket and camcorder. Post video.

Might be time to move.
    oh lord lol

stop being so dramatic haha

I'm just stating the facts. Dramatic would be claiming my house is haunted and I have to move.
  • Is this your house?

Amityville+House.jpg
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Is this your house?

Amityville+House.jpg

Is that Amityville Hobbes? Man I gotta watch that movie again sometime soon.
  • trigs wrote: »
    fk u!!!!:D

the puddle upstairs is under track lighting so that's a possibility. i'll check but it's not a constant leak or anything. downstairs it wasn't under the light at all.

My parents had a leak in their roof. It was a small leak, but the water travelled down the inside of a roof joist, across a celing beam until it began to trickle down the light fixture in the dining room. Mom came down one morning to find the fruit bowl half full of water. Damned courteous leak, imo.
  • Is that Amityville Hobbes? Man I gotta watch that movie again sometime soon.

Yup.
  • Examine the surrounding area of the water deposits as obviously there will appear a faint outline of the Virgin Mary's face and the water will be the tears she is weeping for what Christmas has become.

Post it on Christianswillbelieveanything.com and then set up shop with high priced rosary beads, crucifixes and the like for sale for the ensuing pilgrimage.

EZ game.

You're welcome.
  • And of course....f'k you trigs!
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    Try a bucket and camcorder. Post video.

This.
  • this is trippy lol, prob ghosts imo (I believe in them)
  • Gremlins . . .
  • Definitely snowman burglars. Good thing you keep your house warm enough.
  • Okay now I'm a bit freaked out. I went into my basement to look for some of my dad's old vinyl records and in one of the corners of the basement (southswest corner if that somehow could matter lol) there was a random puddle. Gets a tad freakier because my grandmother passed away this past weekend, and the puddle is basically 3 feet away from 2 old storage units/closets that we have of some of her things. I'll post the picture of the puddle for luls in next post.
  • jdAA88 wrote: »
    Okay now I'm a bit freaked out. I went into my basement to look for some of my dad's old vinyl records and in one of the corners of the basement (southswest corner if that somehow could matter lol) there was a random puddle. Gets a tad freakier because my grandmother passed away this past weekend, and the puddle is basically 3 feet away from 2 old storage units/closets that we have of some of her things. I'll post the picture of the puddle for luls in next post.

I am laughing with you...really. re:the puddle...better clarify on this forum..
    Okay now I'm a bit freaked out. I went into my basement to look for some of my dad's old vinyl records and in one of the corners of the basement (southswest corner if that somehow could matter lol) there was a random puddle. Gets a tad freakier because my grandmother passed away this past weekend, and the puddle is basically 3 feet away from 2 old storage units/closets that we have of some of her things. I'll post the picture of the puddle for luls in next post.

yeah right lol
  • DennisG wrote: »
    I am laughing with you...really. re:the puddle...better clarify on this forum..

lmao i know, like realllllyyy...but I'm just posting it for jokes anyways lol, may as well now!

20121221000455.jpg
    yeah right lol

Vekked has some competition in the New Year?
  • tl dr;

cliffs: trigs having affair and lookin' for 'scuses ITT
  • Examine the surrounding area of the water deposits as obviously there will appear a faint outline of the Virgin Mary's face and the water will be the tears she is weeping for what Christmas has become.

Post it on Christianswillbelieveanything.com and then set up shop with high priced rosary beads, crucifixes and the like for sale for the ensuing pilgrimage.

EZ game.

You're welcome.

don't forget to restore a picture of jesus with a beardfro
  • Milo wrote: »

you don't got no ice cream

fuck I listened to this on cassette tape for years and it was always more hilarious than the previous time

That is a creepy coincidence.
    GTA Poker wrote: »
    tl dr;

cliffs: trigs having affair and lookin' for 'scuses ITT

I'm way too lazy for an affair.
    jdAA88 wrote: »
    this is trippy lol, prob ghosts imo (I believe in them)

Since it had happened only twice randomly in two different places I don't think I'll be setting up a camera just yet. However if I find a third one anytime soon I will definitely consider it. Not sure if I want to see the footage of me sleepwalking and pissing on the floor though.